Another Exhaust Problem

christofeser
This post is 5017 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yeah i think they do. best to take the whole thing off then you can have a propper look .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It seemed rather fixed on when I last had it off.

I'll have another look when the baby has cooled down.

If they do, then I'm a happy bunny :)

Chris

Problems are:

1. there is a balance pipe between the top downpipe and the bottom muffler, so i can't remove the bottom muffler without doing something with the balance pipe...

2. The top muffler seems part of the downpipe, can anybody confirm this?

I might speak to the mechanic round the corner, or just wait until some h/h's pop up next.

Oh god not the whole picture debate again... haha.

Okay I'll get some up later/tomorrow...

I think I'll need someone who does know the exhaust system on the bike... it's rather specific :P

Anyway, I'll get them up...

cheers

cheers for posting mate :) sound good? Anyone with them?

But here's the problem - the original top muffler appears to be part of the downpipe, which is attached to the bottom muffler!

I think I might have to take it to a mechanic, to get the balance pipe removed.

Chris

if i remember right there is the top pipe which connects to the top muffler (rear cylinder) then there is a little pipe going from that to the bottom muffler (think its your "balance" pipe) then the bottom muffler (with all the exhaust above) slides off the bottom pipe. now if you cut the pipe leading to the top muffler about 2 inch from the back of the muffler if need be you could repair it for the mot with an exhaust fixing kit, if you take the covers off then you can get a better look but be warned the fixing brackets might snap off (but new ones can be welded on) if i remember rightly without the cover the rear cylinder exhaust pipe is tiny compared to the front exhaust, which could cause a problem!

and i dont think the 650 exhaust will fit the 125 due to it being a massively bigger cc.

No, the "balance" pipe goes from the top downpipe to the bottom cylinder... meaning I can't take the cylinder off ALONE, without removing the top downpipe (which I wanted to keep on!)....

Ahhh it's all very confusing. I think it is possible to remove a balance pipe though, I'll google up.

Chris

Chris are you in the Surrey area? Think I read on another post that you are... I just bought a 125 'Star, 2001. It's completely standard atm but I'm looking to make some improvements to it, pipes being one of them... was wondering if you'd be interested in having a chat? I'm not sure if I can get pm's yet don't know the forum rules but let me know via here if you're interested.

Cheers Johnny

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online