2004 YZF-R6 Vs. 2005 ZX-6R

JohnR6
This post is 6702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Which bike do you like? :?

The R6 is still the bike I want cos' it's a Yamaha :), but the 2005 Ninja just looks so amazing! 8) In terms of technology wise, the Ninja beats the current R6 hands down........but we'll have to see what the 2005 R6 has to offer.

r6.jpg

1193160.jpeg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The 2005 ZX-6R has a slipper clutch as standard, MotoGP-style fuel injection, wavy brake discs and a high-revving 107bhp engine (probably with titanium bits) aswell as underseat exhaust for centralisation. :lol:

It's deffo. an R6 for me, which I'll probably end up getting some time next year, but I wouldn't say no to the 2005 ZX-6R either.

Also the GSXR600 K4 is a wicked bike too, it's cheaper to buy than the other Jap 600s and is slightly cheaper insurance group aswell (insurance group 14 instead of 15).........but then again as nice as the bike is, I'll feel a bit funny riding a Suzuki! Don't know why? :? Think their build quality isn't as good as Yam, Honda or Kawa......it that true? :?

In my experience, the recent Suzukis have very good build quality. My Bandit 12 did 24,000 miles all year round for 3 years and was still as new when I sold it. Yamahas vary from model to model - the Rs seem very good indeed. The FJR, on the other hand, isn't great for such an expensive bike. My XT's build is OK - nothing special. Kawasakis are variable as are Hondas.

Maybe we should have a build quality thread, to see if we are talking about the same things. Do we mean overall quality of components and running gear, or do we mean cosmetics, or do we mean the strength to cope with abuse?

• 1 month later...

I prefer the looks of the R6 and it does seem to be a physically smaller bike, but I just didn't like the riding position. I felt like I was lying on the bike rather than siting in it. The riding position of the ZX6 seemed better for me, although I can get slightly less of my foot on the floor I felt more comfortable and as though I was sitting in the bike. Then again the R6 I tried had a comfier seat.

• 1 year later...

Well its the R6 for me as I tested both. I didn`t think much of the build quality of the Kwaker. I`m just about to have the first service done on the R6 and think it`s just a great bike everytime I get on it. I know I made the right decision. I hope you choose soon and get what`s right for you.

55.JPG

Edited by Dark 46

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online