LC350 will not start

ZZZZZ
This post is 5066 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my friend's 1981 LC350 has been in storage for approx 3 years. It was running fine up to that point. The fuel was drained before storing. We have put fresh fuel & two stroke in, stripped carbs & cleaned all jets/passageways. Fitted new spark plugs. There is good compression & a good spark. However it will just not fire & the plugs are bone dry. Therefore for some reason fuel is just not getting through. The reed valves look ok. I am out of ideas, and just wondered if anybody could think of anything else to try. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When you stripped the carbs did you put the floatbowls back on the right carbs as they are different. If you take the float bowls off you will see one floatbowl has a hole that goes to the starter/choke jet and the other is blanked off. The one with the hole must go to the LH carb (the one with the choke knob on) and the one that is blanked off goes to the RH carb. Also when you put the carbs back on make sure that the choke pipe between the carbs is connected. Tony.

try injecting a small amount of raw fuel into each plug cap ,then give it a kick ,it worked on mine after being stood for four years.

as with a lot of two-strokes (usually older ones) the crank case seals can dry out if they are left standing for a long period of time, and this can cause an air leak which in turn will affect starting.

i had this problem on an old two-stroke Suzuki GT250. (horizontal split cases)

when i brought it, it was all there and was running before it was stored.

after the clean up and service, it would not start.

so i put a little petrol in through the spark plug holes to aid starting.

it fired first kick, coughed & spluttered,settled down for about 30 seconds at idle and then the revs went through the roof!.

once we established that it was the above all was fine after fixing

hope it`s something more simple for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

I took the plugs out & squirted a bit of two stroke oil into the bores. Kicked the bike over a few times. Dipped the plugs in petrol & shook off the excess, put a drop of petrol into the bores & refitted plugs . The bike strted 2nd kick.! After a minute or so the bike was ticking over & running beautifully.

GREAT ADVICE - MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online