seized chain

muffdiver
This post is 5103 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, most of us at some time or another has had a seized up chain, :( sadly through lack of use my chain has become some what seized and i was wondering whether anybody had found a good way to free of this semi seized chain of mine ... there are several links that are shall i say very tight and dont move easily so if anyone has any thoughts or hints on the matter please let me know, thanks dave.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would say bin it if its in this state, if your desperate enough you could wrap it in parafin soaked rags and leave it for a couple of days, there is a strong possibility that this chain could snap-not good m8 trust me ! :blink:

i will second what barky says bin it, get ya self a decent new chain, broken chain can = destroyed casing very very expensive

read this out of interest

hi all, most of us at some time or another has had a seized up chain, :( sadly through lack of use my chain has become some what seized and i was wondering whether anybody had found a good way to free of this semi seized chain of mine ... there are several links that are shall i say very tight and dont move easily so if anyone has any thoughts or hints on the matter please let me know, thanks dave.

Time for a new chain, if it snaps it can do a lot of damage to you and your bike, I wouldn’t risk it.