My ass is killing me!

Pete
This post is 7207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I really am in a bit of a predicament.

I don't really want to buy a brand new bike, especially this time of the year.

But the ludicrous part ex value they'll give me means that the difference I'd be paying for a new one would be the same amount as I'd be paying for a second hand one elsewhere.

Plus you'll get a better deal on it when you want to sell it.

And how come your status says "the cool guy"? :ct:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus you'll get a better deal on it when you want to sell it.

And how come your status says "the cool guy"? :ct:

because he has friends in high up places 8) :wink: :D

Hi Pete, I've just read a review of the V Strom in Bike. They love it and think that it is an exceptionally comfortable, and generally useful mile muncher. Good for pillions they say.

If you get one, watch out for the oil cooler which is set very low and is therefore very vulnerable to damage and corrosion. I know a couple of people with Suzuki V Twins and they both complain about this part getting messed up. Fit a Fender Extenda right from the off.

Every review I've seen about the Strom is full of praise.

Incidentally for £200 less I could get an XT like yours, but when you compare the spec of the 2, particularly with regard to pillions, the Strom does look better value for money.

It definitely is better value for money - no question. Suzukis are always excellent value. Yamahas are pricey.

Remember, I came at my bike from a completely different place. The CB was an absolute torque monster 86 ft lbs (R1 beating grunt!!!) and it put out a healthy 110 bhp at the rear wheel, with pretty sharp handling. After this a V Strom (even the 1000), which is a 100% road bike with off road styling, would have seemed a bit tame to say the least. My reasons for choosing the XT were to do with changing my whole way of riding. I was SO bored with zapping Subarus, M5s and AMGs. Not to mention out dragging sports bikes+ I know every road in Wales like the back of my hand and I need to get off the beaten track.

My next port of call after a couple of years with this XT (if it stays strong), would be into KTM territory.

So, we are moving in different biking directions.

You should just buy it Xtreme. It makes sense all round.Sometimes you have to make small sacrifices for the ones you love it'll make your wife very happy if it means she can stop taking the painkillers.

omg, so lemme get this stright, you can get away with even thinking of buying a shitzuki yet i go out and buy 1 honda and i get called a homo :shock:

go for it mate in my opinion, get a test ride on one to make sure that it will suit first.

omg, so lemme get this stright, you can get away with even thinking of buying a shitzuki yet i go out and buy 1 honda and i get called a homo :shock:  

Yes that's right! 8)

Cos I'm the Man....and you're not! 8)

Homo! :lol:

I'd much rather be exiled for riding a Shit bike than for riding a GAY one :wink: :D

Well...I've come to a decision! The XT has to go I'm afraid.

We've now done 250 miles in 2 days, the wife's taking even more Ibuprofen, and my ass is really sore.

Phil (Renegade) from WSaTC rode it today for 10 minutes...and his ass was hurting too! :lol:

He did point out that it was vastly underpowered, particularly for 2 up.

And I got to agree.

Still, I've done 3000 miles in 3 months on it, had loads of fun, and whatever I decide to go for (doubt if I'll go new), I'll probably get more for it than what it's stood me at £2.7K.

So watch this space! 8)

good stuff pete 8)  there wont be many yam owners left here at this rate :roll:  :lol:  :wink:

Ahh.....but did I say that I was going to buy another brand?

No I didn't! 8)

Because this could be an option.....

tdm900.jpg

Phil (Renegade) from WSaTC rode it today for 10 minutes...and his ass was hurting too!  :lol:  

He did point out that it was vastly underpowered, particularly for 2 up.

And I got to agree.

It's got enough power to get you into trouble but not enough to get you out of trouble, it definately needs a bit more go :shock:

PS Pete. I did over 250 miles today never mind 2 days :wink:

But had a great time and we also bumped into XTAlan at devils bridge just after you left.

I reckon he was hiding around the corner waiting for you to go :P

But had a great time and we also bumped into XTAlan at devils bridge just after you left.  

I reckon he was hiding around the corner waiting for you to go  :P

He's a Gog Phil....you know how tight they are! Probably thought he'd have to get the coffees in! :lol:

I expect you told him I had to get home early for domestic duties though! :oops:

And how would you fancy 250 miles on the XT seat? :shock:

:D:D:D

I wouldn't fancy 10 miles on it to be truthful Pete.

I'll send you a pack of clothes pegs (Pink of course :wink: ) to go with your pink feather duster :D You don't need to ride a Honda do you ? :shock:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online