DT125R indicator problem

This post is 5141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

on my dt i bought some smaller indicators and just connected them to the wires i disconnected the old indicators from but now what ever way you switch the indicators they all come on. please help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

on my dt i bought some smaller indicators and just connected them to the wires i disconnected the old indicators from but now what ever way you switch the indicators they all come on. please help.

So you have led indicators yes?

As a temporary measure take out the indicator light in the clocks.

If that fixes it you need to get yourself a couple of single line rectifiers, like the ones on a DT175, pop one in each wire to the indicator bulb in the dash and (providing you fit them the right way round) problem sorted.

Thanks, so by taking the light out from the clocks is it just as simple as it sounds

What bike manufacturers generally do is have the indicator indicator(you know what i mean) earth through the side that is off as there is not enough power running through the lamp to make the indicators on the other side flask. Led indicators need a fraction of the normal amount of electric to work and the earth current from the dash lamp is more than capable of lighting all of them like hazards on a car.

If you do whip the dash lamp out dont forget the MOT man will want one in place and working correctly at time of test. Otherwise yes it should fix it.

so basically i disconect the indicators indicator and it will stopp all the indicators flashing at the same time which ever way i flick the switch. sorry just want to make sure

Yep: i think that is what he is saying, but it is only for a temperory fix.

i would eventualy put in the rectifires and do it proper

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online