Is this the UK's.........

Pete
This post is 7221 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

bloody 'ell look at those spokes :shock: 8) that bike is minty mint pete, i'd buy a bike from you any day :!: 8)

Yeah, it's better kept than mine was, and mine was brand new.

(although I didn't know how to keep mine what with it being first bike :( )

It wasn't like that when I had it.

It didn't run well, no exhaust gaskets in it....and no Silkolene either! :shock:

2200 miles later it's had 2 oil and filter changes (with Silkolene).

It's now done 3800 miles and has had a total of 4 oil and filter changes! I've also fitted an NGK Iridium plug, Metzeler Tourances....plus the motor has been really loosened up.

Obviously you can see the polishing and cleaning that's been done, cos a lot of the stuff had been pitted by condensation.

I've always been the same with my bikes TBH.

A Right tidy lookin' ride there Pete :wink: ......you could eat off that thing! 8)

Don't know about doing any better myself, as I don't own a DualSport @ present :? .......But I've got an RD that might rival it :wink: :D

Actually after the photos were taken I got the wife out to see what I'd missed.

She found loads of unclean bits and cleaned them...so now it's actually looking better than in the photos! :lol:

I've also fitted an NGK Iridium plug, Metzeler Tourances....plus the motor has been really loosened up.

Was gonna ask you 'bout those Metzeler's.....I like the tread pattern 8)

How well do they stick in the twisties?

I gotta say that they're the best tyre I've ever used....bar none.

Grip is amazing, steering is precise, and they still should give me about 6 to 8 thousand miles on the rear.

And because they're not as curved as a standard road tyre then squaring won't be as much of an issue.

I checked right through the Net for tyre recommendations for my type of bike and use...concensus was 90% in favour of the Tourance.

And they were right...I've never had Metzeler tyres before, but I'm a convert now.

I used to ride on Metzeler's for years with my 550 Seca. I think the ME33 Laser front tire is one of thee best front tires made.....Killer wet weather traction 8) I got away from 'em & went to Dunlops mainly for expense reasons, & I really like the feedback I get from Dunlops 8)

But Metzeler's have always been high on my tire Manufacturer's list :wink:

Might just have to look into a set for the Maxim.....as I'm waaaaaaaay overdue for some new shoes on the daily ride :oops: