how do you like to ride...

liquidcooled
This post is 7217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

on your own or with a friend/group? i have always prefered to ride on my own, the only person i feel comfortable riding any distance with is my dad, if i ride with a mate it just gets daft :roll: it also attracts alot of attention if yer riding fast, people think you're racing even if ya aint. i find in groups people think they need to ride faster than they actually do and it pushes people into riding beyond their capabilities. not a good idea esp if there is an inexperienced rider amongst the group! i think it is really irresponsible of the other rider if they push it knowing there is someone of lesser experience there. ride on your own, you get to learn at your own pace, ride at your own pace, go where you want and stop when you want. just my opinion anyway, what's yours?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well i ride on my own....or with the bloke im dating at the time....This is how i score him

1. riding ability.......and how he talks about his riding ie the reasons

2.The bike he is riding......and why he has got it

3. Personality.....

4. Looks.......and age i dont want to have to train one up

5.what he does for a living (bonus if he has a uniform)

Riding ability always comes first....if he is considerate to my ablity then i will date him again.

The best person i have ridden with so far is my brother....that was last weekend all the way to donnington. He kept me in frount and stayed way behind....i hate it when some one is behind me, up close, trying to push me forward!!

In 20 yrs. time of riding every weekday, I've mostly ridden alone........however, I have had a few good learning experience rides with a (considerate) mate who used to do a fair bit of RoadRacing.......Recall him saying: "No matter how fast you see me go, don't ride over your head in trying to keep up".......sound advice I thought :wink:.......I learned quite a bit from that guy 8)

i prefer to ride with mates it just feels safer as long as im with mates who can ride...

some of them fuck around on the roads and just bothers me...

i also like to ride with someone with the same kinda power as me so we can go at our own pace...

the two i usually ride with is a bandit 4 and bros 4 and they can and like to go a lot faster than me -which is fair enough but if i have like another DT there that goes same speed as me its much more fun

I Usually ride with 2 friends ( when not commuting to work ) and one is on a Ducati 750 SS the other is on a GSXR 750. They kinda always blow me away in the straight bits, but I keep constant and take the right lines in corners and always catch them up in the twisties........we pre-plan routes and agree to an ETA for each man....If one is more than 5 mins late then we go back down the route and look for them.

Sounds like a pain, but I prefer to know that I and my mates will return home safe to their families after a good day out

I go to the office and back during the week, (15mins on the bike, 25 in the car!)

Evenings I might go for a spin with my girlfriend, either pillion with me or on her 125 training - she's got her test 11th August. :)

Weekends are tops :D

I'm either teaching or out with some of our other instructors. It can be just one or two of us, but more often than not five or six. We pre-plan a route, and travel together in radio contact.

We constantly appraise and improve each other's riding skills to IAM and ROSPA levels. This gives us a brill ride out and keeps our riding levels to the highest standards.

I'm not working this weekend so we're out on Saturday practicing for her test, then Sunday six of us are off on a run to Newport, Wales. :wink:

The Police used to stop at least one of us each time we ventured "abroad" but since we decided to all wear our company hi-vis jackets, white helmets etc they havn't bothered us at all! :wink:

To work or for pleasure, alone or with friends I don't really care as long as I'm riding!

The Police used to stop at least one of us each time we ventured "abroad" but since we decided to all wear our company hi-vis jackets, white helmets etc they havn't bothered us at all! :wink:

It's amazing how Cops can decide to pull you over, based on just the way you look :roll:

Although, if properly attired(Leathers etc.).....some of them tend to take you more seriously :wink:

I've gotten pulled over on my bike more times than ALL the times in 4-wheels combined :oops: .....but I couldn't tell ya how many of those times I've been let off with just a warning :shock: ........due to (I think) the fact that I'm Always properly suited 8)

Yeah, although ALWAYS geared-up, even for the short trip to work on a hot sunny day, there are still different attitudes from cops in different areas.

Welsh police in particular have a certain notoriety for stopping groups, or picking one or two out, but wearing hi-vis and white helmets gives greater credability in their eyes, and they then focus on the Power-Rangers :wink:

Serves them right :twisted: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I generally ride on my own because none of my friends have bikes. I go out with my bloke and his friends now and then but I don't like to hold other people back, they have faster bikes and more experience and a death wish. I prefer to look after myself, my bike and my license.

None of my female friends will even go out on the back so I guess I'm doomed to be a lonely biker. I'm sure I'd learn more going out in a group but I'm not prepared to push myself more than I'm happy with just to keep up.

He has an R1, problem is 3 days before picking up his brand new bike last year he did his back in at work. The bikes not even through its first service and he's finally admitted he won't ever be able to ride it, he has a go now and then but is crippled for days afterwards. He can ride his dads fazer 1000 without too many probs but being self employed means he works 24/7. This year we haven't gone out together yet. I've been out a few times for short runs out but its not the same as having a group and a route planned out.

Our sunroom at home is a yam showroom, 2 fazers and an R1, and I've done the most miles, it only took me a month to get it through its first service.

I ride alone 80% of the time I would say. I like exploring and getting away from people, as my working life can get quite stressed. To be completely alone is hard these days and a bike is a very good way of getting quiteness into your life.

On big journeys, I enjoy being out with good friends and sharing the experiences that happen along the way. In Scotland we had a real laugh sitting around in front of our tents talking about the meaning of life and what we had seen in the day...........wonderful!

I dislike the "quick dash" to the coast mentality and stay away from these places and the people who go to them.

I am a bike sport addict and go to race meetings - Motocross, Road Racing, Trials etc etc

I am a bike sport addict and go to race meetings - Motocross, Road Racing, Trials etc etc

You too, eh? 8) ....that reminds me......I think Me & my little lad will go catch a MX race this week...can see one here every Thursday @ a local track......that same Venue is holding a Road Race this weekend too :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online