Yamaha YZF-R125 Damaged :(

Alex_R125
This post is 5161 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

basicly this is what happend on the day- just to inform you, this happend about 3 and a half weeks ago

i was on my way to collage at about 8:30am. To get there, i have to go threw a fair bit of traffic, so most of the way i am doing crawling pace. but in order for me to get to college, i have to go threw a small amount of country lanes, which are rather buisy at that time in the morning. so with having all of the cars driving over the road, i didnt think that it would be that bad. i mean it never has been, and i have been going down there 3 days a week for one and a half years now, and it has never made me feel unsafe on that road. but when you come to the end of the lane, the traffic starts to back up, which ends up with the traffic crawling slowley, so i was just slowly going along with just my clutch out, doing about 4MPH and when i was about 15 meters away form the junction, there was some black ice (which i obviosly didnt see) and all the traffic had stopped, so when i came to stop, i slowly put my back brake on and to my surprise at the time, it didnt do anything (obviosly skidded or somthing) so with out without thinking, i went to put my front brake on, which locked up and the next minite, all i saw was was my bike sliding from under me. I know it wasnt really going fast enough to cause some real damage, but i caused a lot more than i would have thought. when i came to lift my bike up (which was very difficult when standing on black ice) the car in front me of got out the car, not to help me, or ask if i am okay, just to say 'its slippy', not that i didnt notice with my pride and joy, just led in the road!!!!

anyway, when i got to college and inspected the damage done to my bike, i had scrached the right hand side fairing panel and ripped a hole in the center of the vinyl, bent my back brake pedel round and scraped my new scorpion exhaust. also scratched the ends of my handle bar and brake leaver.

i know it is stupid to ride a bike in this kind of weather, but i have no choice when it come to me going to collage, and i have to live with that. but it also anoys me, because i was going to buy some bungs on the side of my panels (sorry i dont know the name) to stop them taking as much damage, but they look damn ugly in my opinion! but regret not getting them now!

also i was wondering if anyone could help me out with prices-

for the right hand side fairing panel

vinyl for the fairing panel

new brake peled (i might not need one, just heat it up and bend it back)

i would also like to add, that i hope no one will have to go threw falling off there bike, eather at slow speed or fast speeds! stay safe out there!

Thanks for your help! Alex!

P.S my chain has come very loose, i dont know if this is just coincidence, but i have tightend it and think it is okay. just wondering if it would have any relevance to my bike falling.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Alex!

Sorry to here about the spill, don't worry mate it has happened to us all at one time or another.

You may very well be able to heat and bend the peg, just look for any wee stress fracture's on it.

As for the graphics, it's either Yamaha, or a great wee place called isleofwhitegraphics.com

Found the place on ebay, they can do loads of things with vynals and graphics,,,, so check it out.

Peace out ...Tommy the arrwanman............. :D

Shit bad luck mate, i have done enough winters to be glad i can get in the car for the trip to work when its bad. But i've been there watching my pride and joy slide to destruction, you have my sympathies.

Hi Alex!

Sorry to here about the spill, don't worry mate it has happened to us all at one time or another.

You may very well be able to heat and bend the peg, just look for any wee stress fracture's on it.

As for the graphics, it's either Yamaha, or a great wee place called isleofwhitegraphics.com

Found the place on ebay, they can do loads of things with vynals and graphics,,,, so check it out.

Peace out ...Tommy the arrwanman............. :D

THANK YOU! :) that is going to help me so much! :) cos i dont know where to go really, cos im shure that dealers will most probly rip me off lol :P thankyou pal :)!!! :D:D

stay safe!

Shit bad luck mate, i have done enough winters to be glad i can get in the car for the trip to work when its bad. But i've been there watching my pride and joy slide to destruction, you have my sympathies.

its horrible isnt it! but unfortunatly it is life :(

Hard luck Alex and at least you werent hurt or caused damage to someones car. I wouldnt worry too much about fixing up the cosmetic side of things just sort out the brake lever etc to make the bike safe. By all means source and gather the parts but dont bother putting them on yet until May when theres little chance of it happening again. I remember years ago the ride to work 13 miles in snowy icy weather, i was dead relieved to get there....until i fell of at the factory gates, much to the amusement of the security guatds :(

Hard luck Alex and at least you werent hurt or caused damage to someones car. I wouldnt worry too much about fixing up the cosmetic side of things just sort out the brake lever etc to make the bike safe. By all means source and gather the parts but dont bother putting them on yet until May when theres little chance of it happening again. I remember years ago the ride to work 13 miles in snowy icy weather, i was dead relieved to get there....until i fell of at the factory gates, much to the amusement of the security guatds :(

im sorry to hear that mate, it is sooo anoying isnt it? and it makes it worse when people laugh at it. :(

I went and got a left hand fairing for my wr125r and it cost 30 quid for the plastic and about 40 for the graphic lol was shocked at the price butt hat was from my dealer where i got the big >.<

I went and got a left hand fairing for my wr125r and it cost 30 quid for the plastic and about 40 for the graphic lol was shocked at the price butt hat was from my dealer where i got the big >.<

really?? thats quite cheep! (i think lol) i will have to go down and check at my dealer as well i gess, just waiting for ALL the ice to go haha

• 2 months later...

Hi Matey...

Sorry to hear about the skid, I did exactly the same thing about a week after you. And by the sounds of your description, more or less the same damage.

I've fixed up most of the bike now so I'm back on the road and legal.

I was wondering how and what you used to heat and bend back the rear brake lever? Mine was bent in the skid also, I was thinking of trying the same thing but haven't started the job yet.

Also, I was wondering if you or anyone else reading knows of anywhere to buy after market or pattern parts for a R125. I have looked at the two main Yamaha places online and they don't stock much, certainly no main replacement parts.

Cheers... Happy riding