Hi, new here

chan268
This post is 5265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone Im new here. I have a cbt and am looking for a 125 motorbike to practice on. I am interested in getting a dt but the problem is that I am not sure if I am tall enough for it since I am 5'7. Can anyone shed some light about this and if I would tall enough for one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone Im new here. I have a cbt and am looking for a 125 motorbike to practice on. I am interested in getting a dt but the problem is that I am not sure if I am tall enough for it since I am 5'7. Can anyone shed some light about this and if I would tall enough for one.

my mate is a short arse too, he can ride a dt, he's 5'nothing seriously its do-able, both old skool dt and new supermoto, bear in mind once you plant your on it its gonna compress (springs - funny things) and if your buying new its ride height will drop slighty once the springs/shocks have bedded in. hope it helps

hi and welcome you will reach the floor i too am 5,8 and ride xjr1300 ive rode dt s and they are a good bike to learn on good luck

anything i should look out for when buying one?

dics,spokes under the seat for wiring that has been cut and joined, and lots more. dont wot to scare you but try to take someone with a bit of know with you

anything i should look out for when buying one?

Ha Ha, the DT125 has existed for 33years so whatever nasties can happen have. Take someone with you who knows what they are looking at and much as its tempting to buy a de-restricted bike a completely std one will be a better purchase.

• 2 weeks later...