Toasty Warm Review

Stu_B
This post is 5292 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Treated myself to a heated vest this weekend...

Ok Ok I know I am a Soft Southern Jessie, but hey I an old Soft, Southern Jessie

Got to say they are bloody brilliant, Its got both a battery for off bike, and a connection the bike battery... I did a gentle 100 miles on Saturday the jacket set to medium, I had to stop after 10 Miles and turn it down to low!!

I whore it to work thin AM, the thermometer on bike said it was about 6 degrees... set the jacket on low and it was toasty, all the way in.. Works well with the heated grips, warm hands, warm body warm hart! Nice way to travel!!! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds the business for long trips Stu, how much was that then ?

Which brand?

Photos!!!

Sounds the business for long trips Stu, how much was that then ?

£90 quid with a "free" temp controler... It gets warm in seconds... I see you are in the frozen North... I bet you could use it all year round :P

£90 quid with a "free" temp controler... It gets warm in seconds... I see you are in the frozen North... I bet you could use it all year round :P

Soft southern Jessy - I've only just this weekend zipped in the thermal liner to my Frank Thomas jacket coz it was getting a bit parky (-3 overnight climbing to a tropical +3 at lunchtime)! Might even consider putting a t-shirt on underneath....

.... and I'm an ex-pat soft southerner, not even a native!

Mumble, mutter .... kids today .... mumble, grumble .... army greatcoat was good enough in my day ..... etc.

I have a Keis heated waistcoat, superb in the really cold weather on the long runs over the tops, it's a great piece of kit even if you don't plug it in!

However, if I were to by buying again I'd got for the Stormrider from EXO2, and pay the extra. EXO2 have some pretty cool cloth that heats up without any elements, so you get warmth all round, not just your kindeys like most heated stuff (the theory being that if your kindneys are warm, then the blood passing through them gets warm as carries the heat around your body). I have the EXO2 heated gloves too, they don't get hot, but keep your hands at the normal temperature without any hotspots, sounds a bit weak but they work very very well.

If you are doing long winter runs, don't knock the heated stuff, makes the difference between a happy rider and a cold one....

I'm one of these 'Southerner' things you talk of... But since I was born almost as far north as Aberdeen, in a little village off the A830 (now a fecking tourist trap, thanks to Harry Potter), I seem to be suffering a lot less from the cold.

But I'm not stupid, either - A heated vest (he still ain't told me which brand :lol:) is a great idea.

"Any brainless feckwitt can put up with hardship, but a good soldier makes himself comfortable under any conditions".

Same goes for bikers - Freeze your fingers off if it makes you feel tough, but if ever you need to Emergency Brake you will feel a right pratt when your fingers are seized and you can't operate the lever properly. SMASH!!!!

I'm one of these 'Southerner' things you talk of... But since I was born almost as far north as Aberdeen, in a little village off the A830 (now a fecking tourist trap, thanks to Harry Potter), I seem to be suffering a lot less from the cold.

But I'm not stupid, either - A heated vest (he still ain't told me which brand :lol:) is a great idea.

"Any brainless feckwitt can put up with hardship, but a good soldier makes himself comfortable under any conditions".

Same goes for bikers - Freeze your fingers off if it makes you feel tough, but if ever you need to Emergency Brake you will feel a right pratt when your fingers are seized and you can't operate the lever properly. SMASH!!!!

Its a Keis vest... got it from Bike Bits in Yatley.. just up the road from you.. also got the battery pack so I can wear it when I walk the dog!

Below is a pic of the wife with hers on :P

I looked at the Exo stuff, its a bit more cash, and I have the Exo insoles for my boots... didnt think that much of them.

keisheatedvest.gif

A better soldier doesn't rely on technology that may fail in the field. Should a circuit fail on your vest/gloves/undercrackers, how long before the cold gets through?

Freeze your fingers off if it makes you feel tough, but if ever you need to Emergency Brake you will feel a right pratt when your fingers are seized and you can't operate the lever properly. SMASH!!!!

As for the frozen fingers: 100 miles at -4 wearing summer weight unlined gloves with just a chilly pinky on my left hand. How? Brush guards keep the wind chill off ... OK, it doesn't hurt that the wife refers to me as 'The Human Radiator', but even so ....

Not knocking the electricals at all, just prefer to tackle the issue of heat escaping before considering pumping more in.

A better soldier doesn't rely on technology that may fail in the field.

Does the vest not also have thermal qualities, then?

Not knocking the electricals at all, just prefer to tackle the issue of heat escaping before considering pumping more in.

Which brings me to my second quote...

"There is no such thing as bad weather... only a bad choice of clothing".

Common saying in Norway. :D

A better soldier doesn't rely on technology that may fail in the field. Should a circuit fail on your vest/gloves/undercrackers, how long before the cold gets through?

As for the frozen fingers: 100 miles at -4 wearing summer weight unlined gloves with just a chilly pinky on my left hand. How? Brush guards keep the wind chill off ... OK, it doesn't hurt that the wife refers to me as 'The Human Radiator', but even so ....

Ah "Brush guards keep the wind chill off " there speaks a man not addicted to chrome...

Ah "Brush guards keep the wind chill off " there speaks a man not addicted to chrome...

Whaddya mean? I've got a tube of Solvol Autosol in the shed .... alright, so it's 6 years old and still 95% full, but ..... :D

Whaddya mean? I've got a tube of Solvol Autosol in the shed .... alright, so it's 6 years old and still 95% full, but ..... :D

Strange how I new that!.... bet u dont own a chammi either ;)

Strange how I new that!.... bet u dont own a chammi either ;)

Aha! Got you there! Got a few of them, well used to boot ...... for the c*r*v*n. :rolleyes:

Aha! Got you there! Got a few of them, well used to boot ...... for the c*r*v*n. :rolleyes:

Ah now that I understand... I have a bloody boat, and belive me that takes a lot of washing!

For those who are addicted to chrome, what about these?

hdyamn5503xvs1300a.jpg

£80 from http://www.customcruisers.com/custom2005/customshop2005/index1.html?lang=en-uk&lang=en-uk&target=d1211.html

Am toying with the idea, will write a review if I buy some

For those who are addicted to chrome, what about these?

hdyamn5503xvs1300a.jpg

£80 from http://www.customcruisers.com/custom2005/customshop2005/index1.html?lang=en-uk&lang=en-uk&target=d1211.html

Am toying with the idea, will write a review if I buy some

Use the cash on a vest :rolleyes: I am up in a couple of weeks.. I'll bring mine up so you can see how warm they are!

EIGHTY FECKING QUID???!!!

Friends of mine made his own out of some plastic piping - Cut in half laterally and shape ends to go on bars. Tape in place, job done.

His logic was that at the time he needs them (ie Winter) it's mostly dark and no-one will see his Wildstar.

EIGHTY FECKING QUID???!!!

Friends of mine made his own out of some plastic piping - Cut in half laterally and shape ends to go on bars. Tape in place, job done.

His logic was that at the time he needs them (ie Winter) it's mostly dark and no-one will see his Wildstar.

Man after my own heart - I used to use old plastic milk jugs (the big ones .... big jugs, mmmmmmmm!), good shape to 'em made them more aerodynamically efficient!

Man after my own heart - I used to use old plastic milk jugs (the big ones .... big jugs, mmmmmmmm!), good shape to 'em made them more aerodynamically efficient!

what are you two... the squeaker twins... Bits of tape... plastic mike jugs... clearly no style at all ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online