broken teeth

little dave
This post is 5313 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok, so i was oiling and tightening my chain today and saw that i have 2 missing teeth on my rear 45 tooth sprocket. the missing teeth are 10 apart. my little dt is my only transportation and i would like to know if its safe to keep going to work until one gets shipped in 3-5 days.

i plan on replacing the chain while im at it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok, so i was oiling and tightening my chain today and saw that i have 2 missing teeth on my rear 45 tooth sprocket. the missing teeth are 10 apart. my little dt is my only transportation and i would like to know if its safe to keep going to work until one gets shipped in 3-5 days.

i plan on replacing the chain while im at it.

Its hasn't been a problem till you saw it, carry on.

thank you all for your advice. I drove it for one more day just to get to work and to stop at the local corporate assed lameo bike shop (god i hate doing business with those people there, they are so into making sales that they offered to get me into a new bike even tho i said that i didnt have a job. (i said that just to get them off my back))

anyhow, i noticed i was missing another tooth when i was done there, so i limped it home and parked it.

new sprocket 25 bucks. chain was 15 and it didnt need cutting. so i paid an extra 30 dollars for rapid shiping.

while i wait, i pulled the petrol tank and went about fixing some pinhole leaks.

in my shop i have a phone ringer that is like one in the stereotypical serial killer death basement. and after airing out the tank i was starting to solder over the pinholes and wouldnt you know that the exact moment that i touched the soldering iron to the tank that damn phone rang. I almost crapped my pants! :o

anyhow, a bit of solder, then a layer of jb weld and some bondo over that to smooth things out. coat of paint and now im just waiting for the parts to arrive.

if anybody has a tank off of a dt175 from the 1970's please pm me as i know someday m gonna need a replacement.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online