Aerox 50 new exhaust, wont run :S

Bezza
This post is 5338 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

A friend of mine has an Aerox 50, 59 plates. recently put on a Doppler SR3 exhaust and its just broken down,

I took it for a spin down the road and it was fine for the first 30 meters or so and then just slowed right down, 10 miles an hour over revving and going nowhere.

plenty of petrol, plenty of 2stroke.. any ideas? :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

im no expert. hell im not even a novice. but this is how i understand it.

if you alter the way an engine breathes in any way it is a good possibility that you may need to rejet.

it could be that if its running really lean that it just isnt getting the fuel needed to supply enough of a bang in the combustion chamber to accomplish much.

or it could be running rich and overreving because its like having the choke out.

do a plug chop test to see if its rich or lean and go from there.

then again i could be 100% wrong.

any other members out there have an opinion? am i pointing bezza in the right diriection or should i just shaddap?

he put in new rollers which came with the exhaust.

and yeh i did mention to him it could need a rejet.

might ask him to try a plug chop, just to make sure...if the plugs black is too much petrol, white is not enough? :)

yeah, so you bought a performance exhaust for a 50cc scooter? anyway.. you'll have to put more fuel into the engine if the exhaust is supposed to make the scooter go FASTER. Unless it has black smoke coming out the exhaust when its running, which indicates its too rich to begin with, which is highly unlikely. So I'd suggest taking that carb off and buying idle and main jets, 5 and 10 sizes bigger and expirementing. also increase the fuel mixture, more fuel. Also it could just be a spark plug, when they are going out they kill the engine under load, i'd suggest a new plug first.

i didnt my m8 did :P lol, but any way he said he didnt want to start taking things off (spark plug :s).

any ways thanks for the help but he had it picked up today and the garage is going to try and repair it :/ ah well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online