TIRES what to get ??????

barwell1992
This post is 5432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well my rear tire is shaged lol

the pireli scorpions that i have on there at the moment ar for on a off road and as i never go off road need so good all year round tires that can wthstand a beating and last more than the 5000miles the curent ones have

any ideas?

ohh and they need to withstand some cockup's and lock up's as im a new'ish rider

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bridgestone BT45.s ?? dual compound softer edges for grip harder middle for mileage as for 5000 just ride slowoly and dont wind the throttle open too hard i used ot get 2500 out of a TT10 on the back of my Rd250 and roadrunners lasted 3000

Merv

well my rear tire is shaged lol

Who shagged it ??? .... and I hope when the baby tyres arrive the guilty party will pay tyre support !!! :lol::lol::lol:

but I would perhaps look at Bridgestone Battleaxe if availble in the sizes you need .. these tend to be very good tyres with reasonable wear and good grip ... also look thro the owners manual to see which tyres have been recomended for use with the bike by Yamaha, there may be a road option there.

Regards Jim

Bridgestone BT45.s ?? dual compound softer edges for grip harder middle for mileage as for 5000 just ride slowoly and dont wind the throttle open too hard i used ot get 2500 out of a TT10 on the back of my Rd250 and roadrunners lasted 3000

Merv

Hi Merv,

back in the stone age I used to run TT100's on my RD200 as Roadrunners just didn't 'cut the mustard' but know I would guess the 200 just didn't get the roadrunners hot enough !!! but I did used to get about 7k on the rear tyre & shed loads on the front one

Regards Jim

my ride to work used to be all single track lanes and corners for 3 miles then 3 miles of twisty a39 on off the throttle all the time, the road runners seemed to work just aswell as the tt,s and aextra 500 miles was a bonus. run most things on battlax bt45,s now the honda vigor is on avon distanzias but there is a set of bt45,s in the shed for when they wear out, i jst watch ebay for unused/little used ones and grab when cheap

merv

my ride to work used to be all single track lanes and corners for 3 miles then 3 miles of twisty a39 on off the throttle all the time, the road runners seemed to work just aswell as the tt,s and aextra 500 miles was a bonus. run most things on battlax bt45,s now the honda vigor is on avon distanzias but there is a set of bt45,s in the shed for when they wear out, i jst watch ebay for unused/little used ones and grab when cheap

merv

what !!!

I guess you are saying the TT100's are not a patch on the road runners but I guess on modern tyres you would just have to run with what you bought but tbh those old tyres did the biz !!!

Regards Jim

what !!!

I guess you are saying the TT100's are not a patch on the road runners but I guess on modern tyres you would just have to run with what you bought but tbh those old tyres did the biz !!!

Regards Jim

Jim

grip wise i did not see much difference in them to be honest Jim, but the extra 500 miles was the attraction of the avons

Merv

Jim

grip wise i did not see much difference in them to be honest Jim, but the extra 500 miles was the attraction of the avons

Merv

Hi Merv,

TT100's where the last 'british' tyre I used on my own bikes and I never fitted Road Runners to one of mine by the time 1979 came around I was using Goodyear Eagles & good old Bridgestone Mag Mopus and tbh stayed with Bridgestone ever since !

Regards Jim

ok well im geting the bridgestone bt21's as recomended by the bike shop sports toring tyers only geting the back for now but will replace the front at a later date

thanks for the suggestion's

cost £120 fitted and is about 2mile down the road so aint that bad :)

ok well im geting the bridgestone bt21's as recomended by the bike shop sports toring tyers only geting the back for now but will replace the front at a later date

thanks for the suggestion's

cost £120 fitted and is about 2mile down the road so aint that bad :)

G'day mate, If it is not too late, get a quote on some continental motions. You may get a front and rear for not a great deal more than the rear bridgie price. They are good tyres and are really suitable for short trips as they have good grip when cold. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.

Also, if it's not too late......

Avon's Distanzia set sound like what you want.

Clicky here

I like Avon - I have Avon Venoms on my Cruiser - I put a new one on the front when I bought it and I'm just pushing 19,500 miles on that - It's got a little more to go yet and, so long as I don't have any trips to Scotland this year, I probably won't need a new one until 2010!!!

I ride every day, everywhere and so that'll be over 2 years of successful all-weather riding from one tyre!!

That includes riding in that week of snow we had ;)

I have not needed to change the back tyre at all yet.......

got distanzias on my Vigor, passable dual use tyres although some guy i read recently has had a set that slip rather badly without too much provocation on the road, and off road the BT45.s grip better on my lawn on the Rd than the distanzias

igoing dual sport conti escapes are cheaper and better accordingto the members of the honda trail bike forum

Merv

to late lol but i didnet realy want multi use tires just road ones and i have to say the ride is a lot lot smoother and fluent so just got to replace the front when that goes :) over all im verry impressed they are alos slightly wider i think even thogh they state the same size.

the bloke who fitted them uses them on his gsxr1000 that he uses all year round and says they are great for on and off track and a set lasts him about 4-5000 miles :)

cheers all for the advice any way will have a look it to some of them for thefront tire as the BT21 fronts dont have very god wet weather reviews but the back has superb reviews :)

ps the tread pattern looks mean as any thing lol and is verry verry deep

G'day mate, If it is not too late, get a quote on some continental motions. You may get a front and rear for not a great deal more than the rear bridgie price. They are good tyres and are really suitable for short trips as they have good grip when cold. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.

Oh Ok Paul

I would guess the weather & climate is somewhat different to England.... conti's I have ridden on here tend to not grip too well (compaired with the other tyres mentioned) . The conti's may suit your enviroment but perhaps not here (dunno on that score). It's well interesting to know that different tyres work in different parts of the globe. I know tyres are an emotive subject and everyone does have a different thought on the correct one's to use from their experence but I would guess if the shop recomends Bridgestone & a few on the forum I would guess in the UK they would be the tyres to use.

Regards Jim

Oh Ok Paul

I would guess the weather & climate is somewhat different to England.... conti's I have ridden on here tend to not grip too well (compaired with the other tyres mentioned) . The conti's may suit your enviroment but perhaps not here (dunno on that score). It's well interesting to know that different tyres work in different parts of the globe. I know tyres are an emotive subject and everyone does have a different thought on the correct one's to use from their experence but I would guess if the shop recomends Bridgestone & a few on the forum I would guess in the UK they would be the tyres to use.

Regards Jim

Oh OK Jim. I ride on them to work every morning in -8 degree C temps and have not had a drama with them yet. I prefer michelin on both my bikes as steer tyres but can't fault the Conti's as a drive tyre. I used the same type of tyre on a touring trip to Cairns last year in 35 degree temps and it performed well. Yes I have had Bridgies on both my bikes, sport and sport touring compounds, and whilst they are pretty good all round, other tyres that are as good or better are available and cheaper. How many tyres have you gone through in the last 3 years? Old mate asked for an opinion and thats what he got. Is'nt that the point of the forum. I have gone through $6000 bucks worth of rubber in 3 years and out of interest tried many different brands and styles in all kinds of weather. Apparently informed views don't count! It's well interesting to know that some members only post replies when and only when they have a good deal of experience on the topic. Not saying that you may not also be experienced re the topic but if you have not run a Conti motion, how would you know if it compares well with a Bridgie sport/touring tyre?:rolleyes:

. How many tyres have you gone through in the last 3 years? Old mate asked for an opinion and thats what he got. Is'nt that the point of the forum.

Hi,

Well I have done 4 sets on the Divvy, FS1 has done (the ones it had on) and ½ way thro another set but an FS1 is not a tyre eater (4½ bhp doesnt tend to run thro tyres that quick). But from your comments I guess you read my post wrong.

I would guess the weather & climate is somewhat different to England.... conti's I have ridden on here tend to not grip too well (compaired with the other tyres mentioned which indicated here we may have to put up with more rain than you do. As I don't know the weather patterns in the Southern hemisphere I was making that assumption. To right about knowlede/experence being added to the forum, but I guess your post was fueled by me saying "Oh OK" which, I guess you translated incorrectly.

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online