Suzuki GS500f?

JohnR6
This post is 7262 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I know there's no excuse for Suzuki ownership............but have you seen the Suzuki GS500f! :o It's pretty nice looking and it's the only sports bike looking commuter around in the market! :? Don't you think it would be a decent bike to have as a first? Bearing in mind that I only like sporty looking bikes. :lol:

gs500f_coverban2.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Those little GS's look pretty cool with that 'Busa looking bodywork on 'em 8)

I've turned a few spanners on those bikes before..........absolute pleasure to work on :wink: .....No Matter what Xtreme thinks :lol:

I'm still deciding whether to go for the R6, take it easy and do bike safe course or just start on one of these Suzi GS500f? :?

[x] There's no excuse for Suzuki ownership!

[ ] Bon was The Man!

[x] You want a nice Thumper you do!

[ ] Warning! Internet Riding God bullshitting in progress!

[ ] PM Mozzy!

[ ] Just say NO to Mullets!

[x] We didn't bother with that any of that shit in my day!

[x] That's a girl's bike!

8) 8) 8)

I think the R6 is still edging forward for me!

Brand new Suzuki GS500f = £3750

Brand new Yamaha R6 = £5995

Extra £2000 can get me the R6.......Might as well go all out for the R6! :lol:

I own 2 suzis nothing wrong with them. I would rather worship at the temple of R6 tho I put 24000 miles on mine (first bike I ever owned from new) my mate added a coupla K (before it got nicked last week :cry: :cry: )

I agree that the Suzuki GS500 is pretty good looking with the Hayabusa type fairing.

BUT and its a BIGBut. I had a GS500 about 5 years ago and it was THE worst bike I have ever owned. The handling was just horrible. Generally I like Suzukis a lot, but if the only Suzuki I had ever ridden was the GS500, I would be like Pete. Get a test ride is my advice or look for a Bandit 6, which is also cheapish and is a much better bike in my opinion.

I've been reading about the GS500f, most people say it's a decent bike for what you pay but as Alan said, the handling is rubbish and they can rust easily!!

Think I might just stick to the R6.......I'll probably be safer around corners on an R6 than I would on a crap handling Suzi GS500f! :lol: Also, the R6 is lighter and probably easier to handle. :D

Think I might just stick to the R6.......I'll probably be safer around corners on an R6 than I would on a crap handling Suzi GS500f!  Also, the R6 is lighter and probably easier to handle

no offence mate but i dont agree with that one bit :? dont think you should get a gs, but you still shouldnt get a r6 either. you'll see when you start riding....

As you said mate, I'll see what happens later when I start riding.......and no offence taken, any advise is most appreciated! :D

cool 8) i'm not saying you shouldnt get the bike you want mate, just get some riding in first and make the right choice from there, still think a fazer might be a good stepping stone to a r6 though 8) :wink:

At your stage John...the GS would be much easier to handle.

I still wouldn't buy one though....get a Fazer instead!

PRIME Idea that is! :tu

I don't like the look of the new Fazers at all. Unusual for Yamaha to make a bike that looks such a mismatch of design ideas. The oddball TDM is really funky and the puny performance challenged Bulldog at least looks good.

i reckon that shitziki gs500 is fukin ugly i wouldnt want one if you offered it to me fr free

any one who has a problem deciding between that and a r6 need shooting as when i think of a r6 i get wood and cant think of nothing else for exactly 9mins and 23 secs to be precise then i get the tissue a quick wipe clean then well then then then then then oops sorry getting carried away ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh thats better :twisted:

LOL Mozzy, I agree with you mate.........there's no competition agains the R6 but as a noob who hasn't even got his license yet, I need to weigh up my options. :lol:

The R6 is a deffo for me, it's just a matter of now or later. :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online