confused

Blades_2
This post is 5463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Soo i have my cbt on my sh*t slow 50cc, sadly its not a yam, but i am going onto my 125 in the next couple of days and i went to check out if i needed to do a CBT on a 125 because of the gears, and apparently you dont have to.....confused much, the guy said its a propper loop hole in the law,

On the bright side of things thou it means i dont have to pay £100 for my cbt again and can ride on my birthday WOOO :lol::rolleyes::D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nope you dont have to but pleas pleas learn to do the gears off in a car park they can be a bit tricky to get the hang of.

P.S i skiped the 125cc's compleatley went from my ungeared 50cc did my test on 125cc(had 2 lessons) passed and got on my MT-03 660cc thats the way i recomend lol

Really?

When I did mine I was told you did need to do it again if you were changing to a geared bike.....

i thorght that to but when i asked my instructor he sead no you can get on a 125cc straight a way

i thorght that to but when i asked my instructor he sead no you can get on a 125cc straight a way

I did my first CBT on a 50cc geared bike, then on my 17th birthday i was out riding my dt 125, i could have turned up and done a cbt on a twist n go n still riden a geared 50......It is a bit silly that your allowed to do this and yet i get disciplinary action at work for pulling 2 roll cages at the same time!

Then forgot the cbt runs out in 2 years and had to do another one justafter my 18th birthday. Now im considering taking my full test, but realising im never gonan get round to it.

Hmm well the bike i will be riding is de-restricted anyways- <<<i didnt just say that.

and i think i have a place to learn how to use the gears but its not huge, how long did it take you to transfer?

thanks

2 days lol but i had riden a geard quad about 2 years befor that but i was taught buy my mum who has been on bikes for 12 years now.

it realy helps to have some one to show you what to do plus its all about been smooth

I didn't find it too hard to be honest. I did my CBT on an auto 50 (Gilera DNA), rode that till I was 17 then bought a Honda NSR125. Didn't take me long to pick up riding with gears. You won't be too smooth at first but you'll get the hang of it. It helps if you've driven a car (knowing about biting points, smoothness with the clutch etc...)

I didn't find it too hard to be honest. I did my CBT on an auto 50 (Gilera DNA), rode that till I was 17 then bought a Honda NSR125. Didn't take me long to pick up riding with gears. You won't be too smooth at first but you'll get the hang of it. It helps if you've driven a car (knowing about biting points, smoothness with the clutch etc...)

i had a dna 2 LOL just sold it for £800 cost £750 lol with 8500miles on the clock nice little 50cc bikes

I went a bit nuts with mine, 70cc Malossi kit, 21mm Carb, K&N filter, Leo Vince Exhaust, uprated variator, uprated clutch. Thing went like the clappers (would top out at about 70mph) fucking drank fuel though!

I went a bit nuts with mine, 70cc Malossi kit, 21mm Carb, K&N filter, Leo Vince Exhaust, uprated variator, uprated clutch. Thing went like the clappers (would top out at about 70mph) fucking drank fuel though!

haha myn was just derestricted upjeted leo vince exhaust rolers and that was it did 53mph with me on it but i am 15stone and 6ft1 so was a lot faster with my mum on it 57mph on a flat but then went from that to my MT-03 660cc lol about 4 weeks ago now :P

hmmm

I did my test on an RD200 and had to stick with it for a while till I could afford the next bike which did teach me how to ride with a pillon and poo handling ... so when I had the XS650S it was so simple to ride ... but running a moped to a large bike may end up in trouble !

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online