Tyres for my XJ900

alpine-star
This post is 5408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can any one recommend a good place in Kent / Sussex area for tyres as some F*CK HEAD has slashed my front tyre :angry: Running Pirelli's at the moment but looking on the web they want £999 for both (Yeah like F*ck)

100/90-18 front and 120/90-18 rear, any help welcome. I'm getting both done as rear looks like it will need replacing soon anyway.

THANK YOU

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right, just made a phone call to a company up north and a pair of Avon Roadrunners are £130 including delivery? So are Avon any good, seeing as I ride an old XJ900 will they be ok for my Knee down stlye of riding :lol:

Sorry, went a bit stupid there :huh: ..........are they ok tyres for every day steady riding.

Cheers

Avon are good tyres. They'll stand up to a pretty good bashing.

I have friends who swear by them, but its personal preference, and at 130 quid a pair, i think you got a good deal honey ;)

Alex found his local ATS will do em for £140 fitted now and £152 for bridgestones he told us on the RD forum

Merv

Indeed Mervin, ATS fitting them tomorrow, just off now to take the wheels off the bike as they wont remove anymore, Health and F*cking safety, we ride bloody bikes, health and safety goes out the window every time we go out on the road because of knob car drivers :huh:

Had this same issue happen to me recently Alex.......some scroat slashed my rear Bridgestone! :angry:

Did get lucky & scored a used race tyre from a local bike shop where I used to work.......for only $40 :thumb:

419_007.jpg

I'm still keen on starting a Moto-Militia to hunt down punks like this though! :angry:

Running Pirelli's at the moment but looking on the web they want £999 for both

For that price I would expect Pirelli to include this years calender and at least one of the girls modelling it

For that price I would expect Pirelli to include this years calender and at least one of the girls modelling it

You would think they would include something worth looking at? I still trying to recover from the £999 price tag on the web. I'm having Bridgestones fitted today for a much better price of £152.

• 1 month later...

i run avon roadriders. from watling tyres in chatham kent. (they all over southeast). ride the same as you i think. hell ive got a bike and i am going to enjoy it. anyhow i pay 70 to 75 quid each tyre. just bought a new rear and it was £72. have no complaints bout either the tyre or watling, but you av to take yer own wheel off.