On 'Phone Driving Car

Daiv
This post is 5515 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Driving your car and talking on the 'phone.....!

Car drivers that are texting while driving......!

I don't think any threat of licence points or fines will

ultimately stop this phenomenon.

What if I was to offer a discussion suggesting that learner

drivers should be tested officially as able to drive and talk,

drive and textmessage as part of the accepted Driving Test?

In a controlled Driving Test Environment, it makes sense to

test an individual's ability to do a three point turn, park between

vehicles, navigate traffic flow, drive uphill from a stationary position.

Why not include the talk and drive/talk and text ability.

Most would fail!

It would be noted on the licence if they failed, thereby warning the

individual not to do it and officially considered if they ever had an

accident.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

one idea i suppose but it would never work, i did hear of a dispatch rider somewhere came alongside a driver on the phone in an open top car and grabbed the phone and threw it up the road, but be very very careful if you even think about this course of action , cos one of the lads on south west bikers just made a signal to a BMW driver to get off the phone recently and the idiot chased him trying to knock him off , just goes to provr some of these empty headed idiots care about nothing other than themselves

Merv

had a few of them pricks near take me off on a few occasions aswell, quite often they are changing gear and have the other hand on the steering wheel with the phone held between their ear and shoulder, which obviously means they can't see their mirror, cant see me and decide it will be a clever idea to cut me up at the next roundabout.

if only i had a bigger bike, one swift removal of the wingmirror would be in order, not asif they use them anyway...

Foamy

as i say be very careful a lot of these cagers are unfeeling selfish prats and do not give a sh*t about anyone else, and will try to knock you off,

merv

Foamy

as i say be very careful a lot of these cagers are unfeeling selfish prats and do not give a sh*t about anyone else, and will try to knock you off,

merv

thats pretty much what im getting at.

hence the wing mirror removal, Motorcycle Justice ;)

did you hear on the news a few weeks ago that some dumbass woman in America was caught using her mobile AND breastfeeding while driving!!!!

What the f*ck next!!!!

who the fug would breastfeed a woman while shes driving?!?!?!?! :lol:

seriously, i can bank on seeing a driver on a phone everyday. A van cut me up yesterday, the driver deep in conversation on his mobile blower, and only knew i was there when i rode alongside and did a massive backfire (bet that made his transit rattle).

I see it day in and day out. It really annoys me.

I'm usually in the van so I get to have a bit of fun with the brain dead cagers.

If I see them on their phone, I'll overtake them and drift closer and closer to them until they have to put their phone down, then I'll not give them a massive amount of room when I pull back in. I have a big sticker on the back of may van saying 'Don't phone while driving!'

They usually shit themselves enough to end the call :D

Getting noticed on the road, whether 4 wheels or 2, comes down to my age old philosophy;

If you want more room, be erratic. :mellow:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online