worst injury

liquidcooled
This post is 5502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

what's the worst injury you've ever had? never really had a biggie(touch wood). getting staples all across the bottom of my chin was pretty sore, that happened whilst riding my bmx at 15 with a bottle of cider in me :lol: the blood stain could still be seen on the pavement months later. getting my nose broke was pretty sore :roll: never broke legs or arms though. broke a few bones in my hand mountainbiking. oh yeah and chipped a bit of bone off me thumb with a hammer when building a fence last year :roll: what about you lot? anything serious or just the normal stuff?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do alot of off road mountain biking and when I started when I was about 17, I had this nasty injury. Me and my mate was riding along side each other on gravely stone surface and suddenly he decided to go in front and as he powered off to get to the front of my bike, his flimsy jacket cought my right handle bar......me and my bike was dragged down and I had ripped a massive chunk of "flesh" from my arm.......the chunk was about 4 inches long!! :lol: I swear, my bone was showing!!! It was all nasty and pussing for about a week man!!! :? Nasty it was!!

I have had a few biggies on the track but I have walked away from all of them.

My worst crash was on the start finish straight of Anglesy when another bike turned into me as I was passing and I went off the left hand side of the track hit the rummble strip and grass and went down at about 130.

I broke my wrist, a few fingers and my thumb. This was just from trying to slow myself down with my hands.

Other than this I have had a Highside at Donington coming onto the Start/Finish straight and it flipped my bike about 5 times and really made a mess of it! :roll: I did a few cartwheels and landed on my head (so no damage there). :lol:

Other than that I have just has the usual racing crashes where you slide and bounce and then stand up like nothing has happened. :wink:

not much in the way of bigg'uns (touch Wood)

i used to skate and broke my Coxix (no laughing at the back there) and that was bloody painful, another time tried my first frontflip and landed on my head.

thats all i can remember really...

but im still young! :shock:

had both my legs chopped off when wor lass attacked me with a chainsaw....bitch :roll: other than that, broken leg playing football and a prolapsed disk...OUCH due to work 8) . only had one off and that was a small one where the bike landed on top off me....lucky bastard :lol:

I  I have had a Highside at Donington coming onto the Start/Finish straight and it flipped my bike about 5 times and really made a mess of it! 

Did you have to reboot the Playstation after that? :lol:

:lol:

I wish!

I am an Apprentise electrical and Instrument tech. At the min my wages are pretty poor.

It gets to me a little cos I have ridden in the thick of things on an old bike but cant go any futher without any backing or cash.

I have a buget of £3k for a season when other spend more than £10k on tyres.

Not trying to blow my own trumpet but in the Endurance race at Oulton on the R1 my avarage lap was fatser than the 4th Fastest lap in the British Superstock. The problem is I dont have a competative bike or the moeny to run at that level.

Anyone want to Sponsor me?? :lol:

Have you tried all the bike related businesses in your area?

I live at the edge of the world and the bike shops here help me out with discount and things. I have tried lots of things. I get discount and free things from lots of places but its the cash for tyres and race entries that I need.

I have a glossy portfolio all about my racing that I sent off to 100's of companies last year.

I got a Sponsorship Deal off KBC helmets so I got 2 free helmets and about 10 Visors. This is all good but at the end of the day I didn't need a new helmet. But hey I wasn't going to say no!

I got a free set of Leathers and Gloves off Rev-it which was very nice indeed.

I am part of a sceme some may not know called http://www.adopt-a-racer.org.uk

You can adopt me for £10 a month.

have a look

http://www.theletmegroup.com/adopt/Racers/...mark_talbot.htm

The lady that runs this is also the manager of the endurance team I have riden for a few times. We are trying to think of some major ideas and things to get me a ride in the R6 cup or British Superstocks next year.

Anyway.

We are drifting a little from the topic. :roll:

• Admin

Well when it comes to road bikes, ive never come off, and honestly dont think i will unless some twat slams into the back of me again!

But when i tried to take up motorcross i came off at every race! actually everytime i got on the bloody bike! :shock: But thank god i never ever hurt my self proper.

When i brought a trials bike i fell off and the clutch lever snapped and stuck in my wrist leaving a nice little scar.

As for sports injurys, im forever getting bust noses and broken toes, fingers :roll:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online