can any one help

Blades_2
This post is 5539 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hii

iv jus bought a stunning model of a tzr 125 and its de restricted to 33 bhp and im just wondering where the power valve is on the bike as its currently turned up and needs restricting?]

thankss

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hii

iv jus bought a stunning model of a tzr 125 and its de restricted to 33 bhp and im just wondering where the power valve is on the bike as its currently turned up and needs restricting?]

thankss

Does it make a buzzing noise when you turn on the ig?

If you have the full fat 33bhp jobbie (with noise)you may have landed on a full power version that was never restricted or de restricted by yamaha, as to restricting it its Not quite that simple. you will need to re-restrict it properly, as in remove the powervalve computer and i believe swap the cdi, peg the valve in the restricted position, correct the carburation change the carb top and restrict the exhaust effectively.

If you have the garage quicky method i would just ride it cos what you think is 30 odd hp will really be about 18 but it comes as a big slap at about 7000rpm.

Did no end of these as an oily youth in denim, the TZR was the big thing in my day (88) and i could wind em up pretty good in the end, could never afford one m'self.

A cnt be certan but i think she wo restriced b4 the exhaust been changed which obv helps with bh and apparently engien has been professionally tuned but e said e wo goin to turn the power valve back down so im just wondering if thats all he has to do and where it is to turn it up again

A cnt be certan but i think she wo restriced b4 the exhaust been changed which obv helps with bh and apparently engien has been professionally tuned but e said e wo goin to turn the power valve back down so im just wondering if thats all he has to do and where it is to turn it up again

Sorry mate the powervalve isnt a magic button, youve been told its been profesionally tuned but no-one fitted the powervalve electrics, sorry but someone is jerking your chain.

If all you do is set the valve low, the power will go low and all the carberation goes to ratshit and it wont rev out. It will wheelie everywhere (for about 10min).

They are either restricted or not you can't really turn them up and down like a light. The only thing to do is fit a std pipe, std jets and lock the valve back where it should be, or leave well alone and be a bit naughty.

yeah a herd bout lockin the thing in place to restrict it, and wel would de police be able to tell if i got stopped or anything (not that am planning on doin so) or insurance compainy???

yeah a herd bout lockin the thing in place to restrict it, and wel would de police be able to tell if i got stopped or anything (not that am planning on doin so) or insurance compainy???

only when you crash (insurance) or get done for silly speeds (police)

so yours is the same advice then, dnt bother nd ride her full full 33bh?

thanks

And please - can you type in proper english - text speak really does my head in cos its hard to read - and its not polite on a forum. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online