Hello New Here

stevem
This post is 5412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have just bought two XS 500 b's.... I notice a couple of new people have this model too. I know the bike had its problems back in the day so having two should keep me on the road!!!

I want to put one back standard and go Brat style with the other, I hope to pick the experts brains at every opportunity!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: steve. watch those cyl heads for cracks

Thanks drewpy I got three cylinder heads already so I'll check them out tomorrow

I know that its vital to keep the oil clean to stop top end issues with this bike.

I have stripped the Dunstall rear sets and Rickman fairing off the complete bike today....I cannot believe how bloody heavy these bikes are!!! How can a two cylinder street sleeper weigh more than my old Fireblade <_<

I have stripped the Dunstall rear sets and Rickman fairing off the complete bike today....I cannot believe how bloody heavy these bikes are!!! How can a two cylinder street sleeper weigh more than my old Fireblade <_<

called technology Mate! in 20 years time someone will be saying the same about fireblades!!

are you junking the rearsets?

Thats true drewpy quite amazing really

Well one persons junk is another persons Ebay bargain in my opinion :lol:

So to that end the Rickman half fairing and the rearsets with all their mounting bits will be sold on... Especially as I have just seen the price of the Firestone De Luxe Champion I want to put on the rear of the brat bike :blink:

• 4 months later...

Thats true drewpy quite amazing really

Well one persons junk is another persons Ebay bargain in my opinion :lol:

So to that end the Rickman half fairing and the rearsets with all their mounting bits will be sold on... Especially as I have just seen the price of the Firestone De Luxe Champion I want to put on the rear of the brat bike :blink:

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. I dont suppose that you still have those rearsets?