Clothing

wild foamy
This post is 5544 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

just trying to sort out my motorcycle clothing for the year.

i got myself a very nice Tuzo leather jacket in the busters sale a few weeks ago. full grain leather, armour, removable liner e.t.c for £50 as it was end-of-the-line.

thing is, its a bit heavy and very warm... a bit too warm and methink in summer it will be a bit too much to lug around on the DT. so i started looking at textile clothing.

in probike they had some end-of-the-line stuff for £79.99 but didnt have any in the small size that i require... :(

so ive been looking on the web and found the "Mirage" and "Airtec" jackets for a good price.

http://www.motouk.net/acatalog/Textile_Jackets.html#aRAYV52

anyone ever done dealings with motouk and can comment on the quality of their jackets?

so in short im looking for a good quality textile jacket in small for around £50?, but have no idea what/where to look, anyone got any reccomendations?

also need a good set of leather jeans...

- Steve

EDIT: One more thing, it has to be blue or blue/black to match the dragons

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look here honey:

BIKEGEAR.COM

They have branches countrywide or you can buy online. I just bought a full set of really nice leathers for £180.

I got a Frank Thomas textile jacket fromthem too for £60.

I have used gore tex over the last couple of years bought dianese which is damn expensive but well worth it as i found leather too hot and with the two piece suit you can take the inner linings out,have you looked at motocross type trousers they will go better than leather if you have a dt 50? best go to a show and wait till the end as the stalls sell cheaper to get rid of more stock, just my 2p worth

Fella,

Don't get hung up on named gear - it's not always better (in my experience it has never been) and you'll pay a premium for the name.

You gotta decide what you are trying to do, stay warm & dry or protect yourself in a crash ? You can do both, but it costs.

The other thing to consider, are you buying for the duration of the current bike, or something that will last?

Shows are the best places to pick stuff up at, but give the gear a very good going over, mostly it's end of line, now and then a 'slight second' or 'return' will turn up, you need to find any flaws and make sure you are happy.

Hein Gericke have just closed all the French stores nad the stock is being distributed throughout the UK shops at very cheap prices. My missus picked up a pair of HG leather jeans with HiProtect armour for £25, previously priced at £180! I was looking yesterday and there are lots of bargains to be had - you just gotta look, and be a bit lucky! HG also have an Ebay shop where returns are auctioned off, have a look there too.

Most of the on-line places are having clearence deals - seek and ye shall find! The good thing about buying on-line/mail order is you have some protection if the item is flawed under the distant selling rules. When buying at a show/shop you can loose the abiltiy to return if it sold as 'faulty' or 'second' etc.

How do i find the shop? I have tried to search it on the sellers shop list cant get it.

Dunno, I've only ever found it from the auction listings. Normally a search on Hein Gericke.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online