moderators

handai
This post is 5555 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah, probably not the best way to begin my life here I will admit.

Ttaskmaster, where lane splitting is legal, its not a problem to me.

you're right, we do tend not to notice the good ones. I will say that the worst offenders of driving like maniacs with absolutely no regard for law or safety is the taxi cab drivers here in las vegas. as a general rule that lot is dangerous. if you ever come to las vegas, the closer you get to the strip and airport the further you should keep from the cabs.

Gas up lets go: what you call filtering seems to sound like passing to me. if everybody is moving and if its done safely its a completely different matter.

I am really glad I found this place, having recently returned to riding, there should be some valuable resources and nuggets of knowledge here. I if I came on (way)too strong I am sorry. It was not my intent to offend, I should have felt you out a bit more before being so irresponsible with my words.

therefore; I am going to start again here. :rant::lipseal::blush:

good morning, everybody.

and ride safe!

Morning to you too, matey!!

Just to clarify - UK Filtering is moving between two lanes of slow-moving or stationary traffic, at no more than 40mph (where the speed limit allows). It is also allowed on the M/C test, provided it is done safely.

Any faster or with dramatic sideways steering and it's high-speed weaving, which is dangerous and illegal. Typically (and best) done by insane M/C couriers. Filtering is also applied to moving down the right side of single lanes of traffic, though technically it is overtaking and any cops who stop you for being a prick tend to view it as such.

It must be understood that you have the right to filter but you do not have a right of way when doing so, just like overtaking on a single lane - You may do so if it's safe, but if there's anything oncoming then they win.

Because there are no definitive rules, people push the boundaries on this and end up pissing other people off, crashing and riding obscenely.

Hate them, by all means. I do.

But back to the topic..... Who wants my love, then?

:lol:

If you are filtering and some tw@(cars,vans ect) pull out to get a view of the the road ahead and hit you its a 50/50 in the insurance, also if they open the door and take you out its a 50/50 too. Just found this out today off my instructor.

Sorry if everyone already knew this but it came to a surprise to me....

From now on am only filtering when am very very late for work.

Yes, lets start out again :D

'ow do :)

Whatcha ridin' out there in Nevadada?

Nevadadadadada. lol sounds like my bike when i kick it over in the morning!

I am riding/fixing a 1974 DT175a

I just got back on after about 21 years of not riding. my old ct100(?) had a drive gear slip off, I was too inexperienced at 17 to bother with fixing it so i just left it at a friends barn, after all, I had a car. stupidstupidstupid!

I went back about 10 years ago and asked if it was still there, no luck.

some people get convertibles for thier midlife, I got a bike similar to my old one of my youth.

want to move up to a new v-star 250 or used virago

(banking in at 104 pounds, I dont want anything too big ever) I like a classic look on bikes too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online