He's home!

Goff
This post is 5508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just been and picked up my new bike - fuck me it was freezing! Thed ealer is around 30 miles from me so had to ride Elvira there and my new one back lol.

The bike is gorgeous! Its light, responsive and more comfortable than anything i've ever ridden before. The seat felt quite hard on the ass when i first got on it, but after a mile or so it was REALLY comfy. I cant get over just how light the front end feels - the 650 felt like a ton weight at times, but i feel like i have so much more control over this one.

Looks wise - well IMO its a thing of beauty - Yamaha have completely revamped it, and it males the other bikes in the Star range look dated. The arse end is much more sleek an more pleasing on the eye - the 650 had this lump of a light with indicators attached - somehtign i never really liked, but this one is completely different. The front end is a litttle slimmer, but the pullback on the bars is more than the 650 thus giving for a less "stretched" ride.

The belt drive replaces the old shaft drive, making the bike lighter, and the frame is a matte black - complimenting the chrome beautifully.

The face was aching like fuck when i got home from the grin i had spread across it - i love this bike to death.

So here's a couple of piccies i ust took - folks, i give you Lucian - my XVS 950a :D

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

thats hot..wots the 0 to 60 on that one goff?

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats 3 years then lol

I do roughly 5k ish + per year

Yep, probably even longer - but "reccomended service interval" is just erring on the side of caution, obviously checking it now and then is a good idea (about as often as you check the shaft drive maybe? lol) but seriously - these belts are made to last!

I found a Hardly Driveable website with some stories to ease you mind...

like this one - "Im running an 89 FLH with 210,000 klms,BURNOUTS,drag racing, ang generally hard riding over 20 years.The last 40000 klms with a good sized chunk missing from the outer edge but the belt's still going strong.Dammm near indestructable."

Verrry nice........we are all of course insanely jealous especially the other half who is now going to nag me incessantly to finish the paint-job on her GPZ.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun......roll on better weather......although I see it's going to be good tomorrow.....

:D :D :D :D :D

It's been nearly three weeks now, Have you run him in yet?

How many miles have you done so far?

300 and summat - most of them last weekend :D

• 1 month later...

Any chance of some new pics of the bike Goff? I'm still pining for one...

I take it you've done a fair few miles on it now that we've had some nice weather?

Any chance of some new pics of the bike Goff? I'm still pining for one...

I take it you've done a fair few miles on it now that we've had some nice weather?

I have some new pics but unfortunately my ex has my laptop and they are on there, although i will be getting it back tomorrow honey.

I havent done THAT many since to be honest as i either havent had time, had the kids home or the weathers been pants!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online