What is the Fazer like restricted to 33BHP?

Steve_
This post is 4815 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have tried to search the forum first -

I would like to know what the FZ6 s2 fazer is like with a restrictor on - and how the restrictor works - is it throttle or in the exhaust?

MAny thanks for your help

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

usually there is one in the airbox and exhaust to restrict the engine, on some newer ones it may also be restricted in the CDI or EFI unit.

can't comment on what its like with a restrictor though...

usually there is one in the airbox and exhaust to restrict the engine, on some newer ones it may also be restricted in the CDI or EFI unit.

can't comment on what its like with a restrictor though...

thanks, yep its the new 2009 model I am thinking of...

ta,

Steve

Steve, it's normally just a couple of washers fitted to the inlet side. Stricktly speaking you should have the bike dyno tested to 33bhp and get a lovely certificate confirming this. However as the bike is new, get it fitted by the dealer before delivery, they will provide paperwork certifying it has been done.

My mate has his boys done 'correctly' by a tuning house and the fecked around with the engine tuning afterwards to get the power down - it was a total feck up, the bike run like crap and after the rings were removed it was still a pile of crap. He traded it for a Z1000!

Most people I know who've had this done, get it done after they get the bike, then don't like the bike after, and so remove the kit. So, there is an advantage in getting it done to the bike before you ride it.

• 2 months later...

I bought a FZ6 Fazer s2 November 2008 shortly after passing my A2 license. As I was moving up from a YBR125 I initially found the FZ6 heavy, easy to handle, and speedy even with a restrictor on. The FZ6 is a great commuter bike not to big to weave in and out of traffic, and a dream on the motorway when crusining between 75-80mph.

I'd recommend the FZ6 Fazer s2 with restrictor to anyone passing their A2. I'm going to keep mine for two years then consider something without a restrictor which just might be a new FZ6 Fazer s2. :D

well if you havent taken your test yet and ure doing the new test then you dont have to be restricted to 33bhp any more it 44bhp and you have to be on that for 4 years and then take another test to get on to any thing biger i have been told this by a cople of bike shops and my instructor

and my MT produces 45bhp so im asuming the powerdif from 45-33 isent that much so it will still the quite quick i would think :)

• 9 months later...

well if you havent taken your test yet and ure doing the new test then you dont have to be restricted to 33bhp any more it 44bhp and you have to be on that for 4 years and then take another test to get on to any thing biger i have been told this by a cople of bike shops and my instructor

and my MT produces 45bhp so im asuming the powerdif from 45-33 isent that much so it will still the quite quick i would think :)

Not sure who told you that but they are having you on mate. If you do MOD 1 and MOD 2 on a 125, you are restricted to 33bhp for 2 years. If do not want to be restricted then you have to do Direct Access, meaning can ride any size bike. This 44BHP 4 years business is not true and doesnt exist.

I did my test on a 125cc and am restricted to 33bhp.

Bought my XVS1300A last August (09) and this is restricted to 33bhp. Got the restrictor fitted (and removal due this summer at servicing) for free as part of the package. My 1300 still shifts + runs great (it easily weighs 400kg with me + the missus on it). On the 1300 it's a throtle restiction, which means it only turns about a quarter turn.

I reckon the Fazer will still run great even with the restriction + when your 2 years are up it'll be like having a new bike!

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is really old, but I past my mod2 (restricted) last october, and bought me a 33bhp fazer fzs, 3 days ago. I typed into google and found here, so I'm gonna bump my gums anyway. I past my test on a dt125x (which i really enjoyed, and liked dt's since owning one as a kid) but now I traded it in for the fazer. Its a 600cc 2002 model, been serviced regular, and barely a scratch! Yam dealer reckons its probably one of the best type bike he's ever restricted, the power remains smooth and no flat spots in acceleration etc. (restriction is washers placed behind carbs) All I can say is that I now look back on my old 125 purely with fondness, and with absolutely no regret in parting with it, Cos truth is.. The fazer is freakin awesome!! My first rung on the big bike ladder an I'm chuffed to bits! I'ts not too light at 200 or so kilos, Yet it doesnt feel a bit lumpy to ride. Goes like sh*t off a shovel and tops at 90'ish. (reaches 70 in no time) This bike is a good allrounder.. you can stick you're head down an be a racer or just keep in upright cruisin position an look at the mountains an stuff.. I love this bike!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online