New Bike !!!!!

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been thinking this over for a while now, I have a Fazer 600, 2005 that I (just about) swapped last year for a Varadero 125 that my missus had. I've ridden it a few times but It's just to, erm, how do I put it, Fizzy! I just don't like the way you have to wind it up to make it go, I like to be able to pull away with low revs and push the bike on. Don't get me wrong, this is a great bike for someone just past their test (or who've never had a big bike with loads of torque) - it's just not for me.

So, I've been looking at what I can get to replace it. I need something that me and the misus can ride in comfort (the rear seat on the Tenere is just too high for her to get up), put some luggage on (for the pair of us) and has low end grunt. I've considered another Varadero, but I think I'd like to try something else, and if I turn up with another adventure bike I'm very likely to end up with it lodged in some place I don't want to talk about!. So I'm sort of settling on the likes of a Yamaha XJR1300, Honda CB1300 - you get the picture.

So, I'm interested in any ideas you guys have, experience of these bikes, general fault etc etc??

Oh, I have enough on my plate looking after the dirt bike, so it'll have to be a current bike, say last 2-3 years. Breakdowns are not a good idea with Mrs GULGo on the back.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was going to suggest a big-ass Varadero, but....

FJR should bring you some fun, I reckon.

I was going to suggest a big-ass Varadero, but....

OG has already suggested one of them - well almost :rolleyes:

I always though, a second bike (the dirt bike doesn't count!) would be an easy descision - but when you get one to satisfy 'er indoors it becomes as bad as choosing a new sofa, or wallpaper!!

Found a '08 XJR1300 locally, ex-demo for £5499 - bit on the outside of the price range, but I think I might have a look all the same.

I did point here in the direction of a cruiser - I think she said "NO, phuck off, die, I'm not getting on that, what next a bloody Hogg, if you get that I'm getting a divorce!" Women, can't live with them - can't sell them.......

I've been thinking this over for a while now, I have a Fazer 600, 2005 that I (just about) swapped last year for a Varadero 125 that my missus had. I've ridden it a few times but It's just to, erm, how do I put it, Fizzy! I just don't like the way you have to wind it up to make it go, I like to be able to pull away with low revs and push the bike on. Don't get me wrong, this is a great bike for someone just past their test (or who've never had a big bike with loads of torque) - it's just not for me.

So, I've been looking at what I can get to replace it. I need something that me and the misus can ride in comfort (the rear seat on the Tenere is just too high for her to get up), put some luggage on (for the pair of us) and has low end grunt. I've considered another Varadero, but I think I'd like to try something else, and if I turn up with another adventure bike I'm very likely to end up with it lodged in some place I don't want to talk about!. So I'm sort of settling on the likes of a Yamaha XJR1300, Honda CB1300 - you get the picture.

So, I'm interested in any ideas you guys have, experience of these bikes, general fault etc etc??

i would surjest the fjr1300 for same resons as me i just rote of my xjr1300 grate bike but miss wasent to comphy going

to preston from essex and thik the headbraeings r to weak for all that waight on them it started to click after 5000kmils

good luck

I need something that me and the misus can ride in comfort (the rear seat on the Tenere is just too high for her to get up), put some luggage on (for the pair of us) and has low end grunt.

I did point here in the direction of a cruiser - I think she said "NO, phuck off, die, I'm not getting on that, what next a bloody Hogg, if you get that I'm getting a divorce!" Women, can't live with them - can't sell them.......

Guess you're getting a divorce then, matey.

Has she actually ridden on one?

Get her a backrest, whack on some luggage (hard or soft) and chug away on an 1100 Dragstar with custom pipes. Or if you want more, they go all the way up to 1900!!

Seriously, take her for a test ride on something and let her discover why we love these bikes!!

Has she actually ridden on one?

Nope - but she knows she doesn't like it!, I don't know, you figure it out - you've as much chance as I have!!!

There's a dragster down the road for sale, not sure of the size, but that's the bike she doesn't like.

Life's so simple when you just have yourself to worry about.

I tried a Honda, is it a shadow?? big black thing. Not a bike I could live with day in day out (mainly because of the cost of the foot plates!) but I though it quite relaxing for plodding around on.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, just picked it up today,

Went for a 08, Yamaha XJR1300 with 420 miles on the clock, it's bloody awesome - I've never had a bike that can pull from the lights in 3rd and keep going past the naughty bit with loads of revs to spare. Saved nearly £2k on the new price....... Great deal so I couldn't really turn it down, I getting to like this 'ere recession thing.

I'm having a bit of a to-do with the DVLA, who won't accept an email'd insurance certificate to tax the thing, probably just as well as the roads are well slippy and it's never got above 0c all day.

I'll just have to play on the Tenere till the roads have a bit less crap on them

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online