05 DT125X front calliper problem

jam353
This post is 4227 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just tried to change the front brake pads on my 05 plate DT125X and have hit a problem.

It has a brembo 2 piston calliper which I believe is standard fitment on the 'X'.

Each pad has a hole on one end and a rod passes through this which connects to the calliper.

There is a small clip holding this rod which I removed, yet I cant get the rod out of the calliper, which is preventing

me from changing the pads.

Does anybody know how to get this rod out of the way?

There is no screwdriver head or socket head on either end of the rod.

I have a horrible feeling that the previous owner has sheared a bolt head.

Has anyone ever changed the pads who can offer me some advice?

Many thanks, James.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just tried to change the front brake pads on my 05 plate DT125X and have hit a problem.

It has a brembo 2 piston calliper which I believe is standard fitment on the 'X'.

Each pad has a hole on one end and a rod passes through this which connects to the calliper.

There is a small clip holding this rod which I removed, yet I cant get the rod out of the calliper, which is preventing

Many thanks, James.

Many thanks, James.

Many thanks, James.

i cant say for shure without looking at it but try a 5mm alen key.

Iv got the RE version and the caliper just folds back from one bolt being undone and the pads literally pull out and thats it, im sorta confused why yours isnt the same :unsure:

I have just had a look at one at the Yamaha dealer, and there should be a 5mm hex key head on this rod, but the previous owner has snapped it off!

Im going to have to get it out somehow and hope the threads on the calliper are ok. Its over £200 for a new calliper! gulp

:(

I have just had a look at one at the Yamaha dealer, and there should be a 5mm hex key head on this rod, but the previous owner has snapped it off!

Im going to have to get it out somehow and hope the threads on the calliper are ok. Its over £200 for a new calliper! gulp

Sounds like the rod is rooted,so now you can grab the middle of the rod with a good set of vice grips and undo it! Spray it with WD40 first and when you initially get it to move,rock it back and forward so as you are cleaning the threads as you go. You probably have 2 of these rods with the allen key head. If so,replace both incase the 2nd one is also fatigued!

worst case you have to buy a second hand one for 35quid max.....look on the bright side you dont always have to buy new from a dealer

• 3 years later...

I stumbled upon this post when looking for info regarding the front brembo on my x as the haynes manual I have only seems to have the RE one in it.

I thought I needed to bump this old post as the information is incorrect; They are held in by a pin/split pin not an allen bolt.

I have had a look at the diagrams for 05 06 and 07 and they all show the same so I'm puzzled as to why the OP's was different.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online