xs500b carbs

workingman
This post is 5601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I picked up a 1975 xs 500b for my girlfriend thinking I could make a pretty sweet cafe racer out of it. But i am having a hell of a time fining carb parts for it. the floats in one have crumbled to pieces . so I need new floats. I found a carb kit but of course the floats do not come in the kit . does anyone know where i can find parts for this thing? Thanks Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So I picked up a 1975 xs 500b for my girlfriend thinking I could make a pretty sweet cafe racer out of it. But i am having a hell of a time fining carb parts for it. the floats in one have crumbled to pieces . so I need new floats. I found a carb kit but of course the floats do not come in the kit . does anyone know where i can find parts for this thing? Thanks Matt

Hi its worth asking Here even if they dont list, get in touch and ask, its worked before ;)

Hi its worth asking Here even if they dont list, get in touch and ask, its worked before ;)

Thanks for the link! It's a start in the right direction.

what carbs are on those mikuni or hitachi?

The carbs say KEI HIN. So I don't think they are mikuni or hitachi

The carbs say KEI HIN. So I don't think they are mikuni or hitachi

:lol: never thought they used Keihn that's usually Honda stuff

If the carbs looks identical to the ones below then I have a bunch of spare parts.

Floats $20/ea

You could try Speed and Sport (http://216.168.60.165/speedandsportinc/index.tpl), they usually carry NOS parts.

carb1.JPG

Just let me know where to send the money?Or email Me at [email protected] Thanks Matt