CBT

trean
This post is 5618 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its not that hard, just follow the instructions you are given and everything will be fine.

i took mine just under two months ago and it may differ a bit from yours, but mine started out with about 2 hours practicing in the car park, learning how to put the bike on the stand, controlled stops, figure 8s', circuits e.t.c and talked through/practiced what to do at junctions followed by a 2 hour road run, the first half of which you will be following the instructor who will talk you through everything he is doing (looking in the mirrors e.t.c at roundabouts) but for the second half he will follow you and give you directions through the radio and observe your actions accordingly.

its nothing to fear really, the instructor wont fail you unless you are really terrible, more often than not they will just give you advice on how to further improve your skills, i had a bad tendancy to keep looking back to the right at roundabouts but have since stopped doing it :)

best of luck, you will probably be given one of these horrible little scooters to do it on, i chose to do my test on the DT and didnt have any real problems atall.

- Steve

Done mine a while ago now. Good banter if you get a good instructor ect. You have to be a total clampit to fail it so dont even think about that.

Put on some good boots and clothing, dont turn up in trainers. Bring your own lid and gloves of you dont want to borrow the smelly ones they have!!

Foamy had it spot on for what you need to do during the day and dont forget your lunch.

PS if you are tall you will end up with a sore back it you do it on a Honda CG125 so get some Yoga booked.

i did mine with Bike2Bike and they were quite good, the bloke took a look at my lid, looked at the label (made in 1994) and strongly suggested i use on of their ones, they aren't that bad, atleast it was shiny and not caked with flys (tribute to my dads honda fireblade, he didnt bother cleaning the bugs off before giving it to me)

oh, and we stopped at burgerking for lunch, lol :P

i did mine with Bike2Bike and they were quite good, the bloke took a look at my lid, looked at the label (made in 1994) and strongly suggested i use on of their ones, they aren't that bad, atleast it was shiny and not caked with flys (tribute to my dads honda fireblade, he didnt bother cleaning the bugs off before giving it to me)

so...now theres lots of flies on the back of it as well eh Steve? :lol:

Mate, Ive just taken mine....

Aslong as you pay attention and listen to what the instructors tell you, you will be fine..

If you are with other people that are re-newing there CBT, DONT try and keep up with them as they may have been riding for a few years. Tell the instructors that you need some 1 on 1 help if you dont feel confident as the last thing you want to do is muck it up when your out on the road..

Hope this helps,

Best of Luck,

Charlie

so...now theres lots of flies on the back of it as well eh Steve? :lol:

... not quite sure i get it...

plenty of grass stains and scratches on itnow where i've been ouncing off kerbs... :blink:

YEEEHHHHH i passed :) apparently im competent enough to ride a bike :D

i have to say though, that was the funnest thing i have ever done!!!

just waitin on the paycheck for insurance now :P

FURKKK - just went to tax my bike and although the guy i bought it off told me it was declared SORN the DVLA are sayin that it isnt and that theres a "gap in the taxation" or whatever and apparently this is an offence... obviously

if i was told it was declared sorn is it my fault as the website says that the registered keeper is responsible??? :S:S:S:S

what can i dooooo!!! helpppppppppppppppppppppp

FURKKK - just went to tax my bike and although the guy i bought it off told me it was declared SORN the DVLA are sayin that it isnt and that theres a "gap in the taxation" or whatever and apparently this is an offence... obviously

if i was told it was declared sorn is it my fault as the website says that the registered keeper is responsible??? :S:S:S:S

what can i dooooo!!! helpppppppppppppppppppppp

when did you buy the bike, i would say you are liable from then. If its still in the other persons name I would think they would be sending the fine to him!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online