Too Much White / Grey Smoke.... *Cough*

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

why is my bike giving out tooo much smoke...... i have a dtr in portugal and it dont give out that much smoke when you open the full throttle, and the smoke it gives is much clearer...... and the one i have here in the uk its over the top....

pure white mayvbe grey ish smoke from the rear...

my bag from college stinks of exhaust fumes.... every day i gotta empty the bag and hang it out the window and at night stick it in the boiler room and then the next day bam..... smell free bag....

what could the problem be....???

when i look on the road not that much fumes are comming from the bike..... its only a 52 plate with 6k on the clock... please lemme know...

please lemme know....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Without having a look and a fiddle, my first guess would be that you've overfilled it with oil.

Without having a look and a fiddle, my first guess would be that you've overfilled it with oil.

dunno i havent checked.. but my local garage told me that its perfectly normal for a 2 stroke ... and that i have to maybe change my dt125r's front pipe as it may be cloged up....

but the dt125r i have in portugal dont have this problem .........

any other ideas as to what may be causing the prob????

You might just notice it more due to the cold weather.

very true, my guess is that its running a bit rich, or you've over filled it like mentioned ;)

This isnt very scientific but take it to a decent strech of fast duel carrageway and thrash the living daylights out of it for a few miles, accelerate using the red line and then hold it a high rpm with large throttle input for SEVERAL miles. Then ride normally and i'll bet a lot of the smoke's gone.

If you are riding in traffic ALL the time a stroker needs its legs streching every so often to clear the cyl and exhaust of unburnt deposits.

If it makes no difference whip the air filter out and nip round the block, still smokes? then your oil pump needs checking carefully, it may just be due a new plug to get a clean burn.

You will always pong a little of 2stroke, er i actually quite like it. Reminds me of silly days on my little DT50."AHHH the smell of putoline in the morning".

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online