did yammy make an f j 550

audie
This post is 5649 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a bloke i know is selling one for 100 quid , i cant seem to find anyrhing about them on the web , only 1100 or 1200 , not 550 . any one got a pic if it ecsists

must be xj

I believe FJ's were only made in 600, 1100, & 1200cc displacements.

100 quid for a XJ550 sounds like a fair deal........as long as everything's there? :unsure:

I believe FJ's were only made in 600, 1100, & 1200cc displacements.

100 quid for a XJ550 sounds like a fair deal........as long as everything's there? :unsure:

Yep there was a FJ600 but nobody bought it so it became the FJ600S (Diversion) The 550 was the XJ.

Yep there was a FJ600 but nobody bought it so it became the FJ600S (Diversion) The 550 was the XJ.

so when the xj550 was pimped with a fairing, different wheels and a bored to 595 cc it became the XJ600 in the UK then there after became the FZ600 (air cooled with twin headlights and a bad riding position :mellow: ). The 600 engines differ from the 550's (528cc) with the yics port being blanked off, different cams and tarted electrics. my modal knowledge finishes in 1989 so perhaps the FZ600 became the FJ600 :mellow: but from memory the newer slant block engine was badged up as the XJ600s diversion (in the UK) by the same context the YX600 Radion (was that a UK soap powder ?) was produced using the air cooled motor (aka 550) with Vmax type styling. FJ600 would have appeared in different markets to the UK as at the point of release XJ series was well known FJ was not it was that big 1100 thing that was high tech (in the UK.. 142mph, fluid clutch cable and cruddie paintwork). So I guess this bike is a good old XJ550 (in the UK 4V8 prefix)

regards Jim

my modal knowledge finishes in 1989 so perhaps the FZ600 became the FJ600 :mellow:

Over here.....the FJ600 was introduced in '84-'85.....then in '86, the FZ600 came out.....basically an FJ motor shoe-horned into the old FZ400 frame & chassis. Always thought the FJ600 would make a great Sport-Tourer......& the FZ600 may have been uncomfortable, but it handles like it's on Rails! :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online