dragstar- handlebar issue- .. i think

purplesarah
This post is 5686 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hmm this is a complicated question, as I dont really know what Im asking! Basically, when Ive been riding for a while, my arms start to ache from the stretch to the handle bars- this is made considerably worse by windy conditions, and the fact my arms are quite short ( as the rest of me is). SO.. was wondering if you can get any different kind of bars that come up higher and further back than the stock ones that come on the dragstar 650 (classic). I know a screen would help the wind, but the "reach" is still a little too much, i sit as far forward on the seat as i can and im as stretched out in everyway as i possibly can be. Do they do different heights in bars? or ones that come further back?

Thanks in advance

Ever confused

Sarah :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How short are you Sarah?

My other half is 5' 4" and she manages well enough on her 650 Drag.

First question I'd ask is whether the bars are too high as OH actually has hers set quite low.

Second question I'd ask is whether you are tensing up at all Even on a Cruiser, this still makes a massive difference. You have to be relaxed, especially doing lond distance.

I can get away with it, but try 'hanging off' the bars when going at speed. You will get battered to bits by the wind anyway, so don't brace against it but secure your grip instead.

Old Git is right - Pics would help.

Hmm this is a complicated question, as I dont really know what Im asking! Basically, when Ive been riding for a while, my arms start to ache from the stretch to the handle bars- this is made considerably worse by windy conditions, and the fact my arms are quite short ( as the rest of me is). SO.. was wondering if you can get any different kind of bars that come up higher and further back than the stock ones that come on the dragstar 650 (classic). I know a screen would help the wind, but the "reach" is still a little too much, i sit as far forward on the seat as i can and im as stretched out in everyway as i possibly can be. Do they do different heights in bars? or ones that come further back?

Thanks in advance

Ever confused

Sarah :blink:

you can get pull back risers for any size in fact I need a 1inch riser and 1inch pullback eventually, suggest you measure cables etc before you decide in case you don't get enough pullback. There are also various sized bars but I still think you would need risers.

Joe

Thankyou for the info. I just find that im sitting as far forward as my arse will go and I would like to sit an inch or so further back just so I can relax my back a little bit. I think it might be because I am short git. ( 5 ft 3. JUST lol)

Now if you had called me and asked me direct i could have pointed you in the right direction as this is an issue i have.

Hence why i had these for sale:

HANDLEBAR RISERS

Theres fuck all i dont know about pullback and risers for the dragstar because ive been researching this for months to make sure i get the right ones, as i too am a member of the Little People Club...... ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online