2 or 4

DT_125R
This post is 7309 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

I love both, as both have different advantages 8) But i do miss the rush of my old CR250 :evil: never had a 2 stroke roadie though :evil:

Strokers are a lot of fun for the weekend run with your m8s, :twisted: :hbang , but you can't beat four stroke reliability in the long run! 8)

ive never road a 4, but im pritty sure id love it more than a 2stoke. the amount of trouble ive had with blowing the basard things up it isnt even funny :s well i soppose now i look back it is...but it wasnt at the time if u get me ;):P:lol:

any more than two strokes is masturbation mate :lol: 8) i love two strokes the most, but to be practical and if you ride a bike every day it's got to be 4 strokes :D stokers are good for short blasts :twisted:

Both are Great!......I've done plenty of miles on 4-strokes over the years.....can't beat the turn-key reliability :tu .......

But when it comes to the Grin Factor :D ......Strokers 8)

Both are Great!......I've done plenty of miles on 4-strokes over the years.....can't beat the turn-key reliability :tu .......

But when it comes to the Grin Factor :D ......Strokers

haha. agreed :D

although the grin factor in a 4-stroke is merely limited by the amount of wisecos you have in it. 8)

and passing cars is way more fun with a 4-stroke. that steady push of torque with 4th gear... your 1000cc engine humming like a bird.... its really like a hand of god grabbing your reartire and showing it forward in time :D

... er.... good morning to everyone....

It's much more fun riding a 2 stroke bike but 4 strokes have some good advantages so it depends on what dou you want from your bike.

In the future I will have both. Now I'm addicted to my smoker. :D And this has lasted for nine years..

• Admin

Then again what 2 strokes we could afford are as quick as an R1 :roll:

On the flip side of that...........What R1 is as light & flickable as a Stroker? :wink: :D

• Admin

Thats why i love both :wink:

On road a four stroke, off road a two, if you dont haft to put the odd piston in every now & again, then you cant be riding it properly, but then again ive only ever had off road 2 strokes....so replacing pistons, rings etc has just become part of the service...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online