wot is the best yamaha of all time

forest
This post is 4421 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many folk out there had Diversions then? Fj900 Divvy, heavy old beast but shaft driven with a bullet proof motor that, with the right tyres on can chase after anything. Mind you My Fjr 1300 can frighten the pants of some sports bikers !!!!!!!

Best bike ever RD350LC no bike put a bigger smile on my face

gotta agree with u on that, i had one 17 years ago and sold it, just bought a minter ypvs f2 off ebay, chap has spent the last 9 years doing a nut and bolt rebuild, then had to sell it for a divorce, poor chap but someone gotta win and this time it was me lol.

anyway the feeling when you hear the valves set up on ignition turn on is like yeah im gonna work you babys lol, i did have to chuckle on saturday, i went to a local bike store to have a look at two stroke oil and when i went back out side there were 4 gents standing around it admiring condition of it, they all had R1's, blades etc but what bike drew all the attention my trusty ol 88 rd.

as i rode off i had the biggest grin on my face as the wheel lifted up and i felt like royalty lol

so smiles per mile has gotta be any thing in the rd range

the best yamaha and a legend the xt500 the most fun i have ever had, imported one in 76 from america and really rode it hard almost indestructable

agrred...I've just refurbished my 1977 xt 500 & I think it's one of the most seminal bikes of our time. a true pioneer...good choice.

I vote FJ1200 as well. The 86 I used to have is still a sharp bike,better looking than most new stuff. And,they were a 10 second bike.

Sorry, but it is the 1985 RD/RZ350F. Only coz I have one in the garage, and have just run it in after a top end rebuild. From 5500-7500 rpm it is sex on a stick. : )

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you.. I have the 85F. Must be well maintained but so easy to source parts and to work on. I admit I drool at the R6 & R1's, but i get so much enjoyment from pulling bikes apart and putting them back better than before.

Ive had a few but i think i like the xv 535 s the best

For dirt the yz 400 78 give it a twist and let er buck weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

For the road a race gas rd 350 with some good pirelli tires is almost too much fun, especially when embarrassing honda cbr's

For old time dirt fun its gotta be the '76 honda CR125 elisnore. Stonking good time bike. Showing my age I know. I had a CR480 as well, and rode it in the desert of California around '90. That was an awesome bike. You could climb up the steepest bluffs and cross wash outs with the front wheel up and clear of ruts. It had the weight to cut it's own track.

Pick one and get the best priced example you can. Restore over time, and ride it regular on sunny days. Wait 10 years and put a deposit on a house. I am looking for an 1998 Yamaha YZF-R1 which has had the initial clutch problem rectified. Get a blue one and tuck it away after restoration.

I am struggling to choose between the RD350 ypvs f2 or the tzr250 2ma. I think I will give the nod to the tzr purely on the basis I own one and have wanted one since they very first came out in around 85. Both one hell of a bike and more importantly - 2 strokes :D . Can't believe the attention the tzr gets, thumbs up, people just wanting to talk and reminisce, been offered a few quid for it as well on more than one occassion :lol: .

Guest bobbyo

I'm with Mental Micky! I've got the YZF -750. What the hell Yamaha were playing at in 93 with those colours though I'll never know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online