caberg

forest
This post is 5717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just bought new helmet and picked the caberg because it had the internal sun visor. never heard of them before. but wot a great idea slides out the way when not needed. one simple slideing switch. wish i had one years ago. :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Same reason I bought mine!!

Well, that, the fit and the price, TBH.

Reasonable lids. Kinda noisy sometimes, but nice. I have the old 104-V2 model.

Apparently the flips are noisier...

Same reason I bought mine!!

Well, that, the fit and the price, TBH.

Reasonable lids. Kinda noisy sometimes, but nice. I have the old 104-V2 model.

Apparently the flips are noisier...

Noisy??? They are deafening...did 70,000 miles in one....wont touch it again!!! Had to wear ear plugs, even with a standard can on. Wind noise is terrible when you do 500-800 miles a day. But apart from that, the visor is good and the flip is usefull.

Noisy??? They are deafening...did 70,000 miles in one....wont touch it again!!! Had to wear ear plugs, even with a standard can on. Wind noise is terrible when you do 500-800 miles a day. But apart from that, the visor is good and the flip is usefull.

my mate has one aswell and he does say its rather noisy! but i think if you are doing the milage you were doing then its important to get the best lid u can agreed?

My mate swears by Caberg cos of a rather nasty crash he had a few years back.

Long story short, MK II Land Rover pulls out of a side road without looking and me mate smacks into it at 60mph.

Still alive though!

Should wear earplugs anyway.

Or, as my missus does, an Ipod!!!

my mate Speedy has just got hold of some of these viper helmets built in bluetooth and intercom in some of em. look very much like Caberg he reckons they come from the same factory but he is trying to sell em so not sure

viper helmets

I had a Caberg V2 for ages - noisy as hell.

I used earplugs but didnt like them at all either.

I now have a Shoei XR1000 Diablo Limited Edition

Lightest helmet ever and extremely quiet. It also has the pinlock visor which has NEVER steamed up yet.

OK so its a bit pricey at around £350 but i wouldn't change it for anything now

XR1000 Diablo

I couldn't cope with Caberg lids personally. I tried them but the chin bar was always too close for me. Then again, I do suffer as much as Jimmy Hill/Grinner in the chin stakes. However, I did buy an HJC FS-10 Infinity in red. This also has an intergrated, retractable sun visor. It also has a bit of a noise problem, although not as bad as my old Shoei X-Spirit, which cost three times as much.....

Like a few others in here, I have my MP3 plugged in to drown out the wind noise. If that isn't connected, then it's earplugs for me, too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online