Matlock

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2
This post is 5299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

oldgitonabike wasnt there due to the rain

I hope you all steered well clear of the bike shop TWISTED SPANNER

They are absolutely rubbish. DO NOT buy anything from them because if it doesnt fit they will promise you a refund then lie to you for 7 weeks saying that the money has gone from their account and should be with you shortly - when in fact they never had your money all along. They took £350 off me for some exhausts, then promised me a refund - after 7 weeks of bullshit excuses and promising me it wasnt their fault but a hiccup with the bank - it turns out they lied all along and had not got my money to refund.

They make you promises they have no intention of keeping and just give you nothing but bullshit.

They cost me time, money in petrol for visits to their shop to see what was happening and a lot of bloody stress.

Steer well clear.

Who did you pay then Goff? or was it a postal thing?

Swy I like to use plastic for larger purchases, you can always trace payments and get the card co to sort it. or paypal etc if its online. i have done loads of deals both buying and selling and never once come a cropper, even with faulty goods issues. (have done a bit in postage, but never the actual article cost.

I hope you got it all sorted in the end.

Who did you pay then Goff? or was it a postal thing?

Swy I like to use plastic for larger purchases, you can always trace payments and get the card co to sort it. or paypal etc if its online. i have done loads of deals both buying and selling and never once come a cropper, even with faulty goods issues. (have done a bit in postage, but never the actual article cost.

I hope you got it all sorted in the end.

I paid the shop with my debit card. It was for a set of £350 exhausts. I called the bank, i called Streamline the PDQ machine people - i called everyone i thought could help. I did eventually get my money back, but it was only after 7 weeks of him telling me it had left their bank account and it was the bank/streamlines/someone elses fault, that his girlfriend finally fessed up that they had cash flow problems and had never had my money all along - i was fuming, but i got it sorted........I was also promised fuel expenses for all the trips over to Matlock i had to make for nothing as its 120 mile round trip for me - and when i got there i got jack shit off them - another plastic promise :banghead:

Stay WELL away.

• 2 weeks later...

Matlock, cracking ride out I have to say, Sunday morning, JayCee's breakfast, and a browse round the shops, ace ;)

The people running Twisted Spanner, have history....and searching for info on them, I came across this post....

Being a keen fan of Ogri (You know, the fella who's in Bike Mag, back page - past 35ish years), I'm in the know about a few inside bits and bobs....

Now come the interesting facts....

Ogri Ltd went into recievership this year due to contract breach, and vast sums of money owed to many of the people concerned, printers, supplers and more importantly, the creator of Ogri himself.

The result of this, was people, in a similar fashion to Goff, being messed around and dissapointed by ordering goodies off the Ogri.co.uk website, to have their money "dissapear", never to be seen again.

The creator of Ogri has been happily illustrating the strip for the past 35 years, and the damage the Twisted Spanner owners have done to his, and his characters reputation, for some, is irreparable.

Browsing around the shop, I have to say, I was disgusted with the fact that these people are still selling "illegally I might add" Ogri stock....

The more people aware of these facts, "might" just stop these crooks from continuing to carry out buisness in the fashion they do, and hopefully, Ogri Ltd, may, become the proverbial Phoenix that rises up again, to inspire, and brighten up the lives of the many bikers out there who have known him for many many years!

That's not to say that Ogri is still out there, as he is, same back page of Bike, and hopefully, will be there for many years to come....its just a pain in the arse that you can't get any of the cracking merchandise that has always been out there...

Were Ogri able to pull himself out of that strip, into our reality, I'm pretty sure that the Twisted Spanner crooks would be dealt with appropriatly, but unfortuantly, the only way to stop these people from carrying on their illegal trading, and crookery is to spread the word of their antics!

Peace!

Matlock, cracking ride out I have to say, Sunday morning, JayCee's breakfast, and a browse round the shops, ace ;)

The people running Twisted Spanner, have history....and searching for info on them, I came across this post....

Being a keen fan of Ogri (You know, the fella who's in Bike Mag, back page - past 35ish years), I'm in the know about a few inside bits and bobs....

Ogri Ltd went into recievership this year due to contract breach, and vast sums of money owed to many of the people concerned, printers, supplers and more importantly, the creator of Ogri himself.

The result of this, was people, in a similar fashion to Goff, being messed around and dissapointed by ordering goodies off the Ogri.co.uk website, to have their money "dissapear", never to be seen again.

The creator of Ogri has been happily illustrating the strip for the past 35 years, and the damage the Twisted Spanner owners have done to his, and his characters reputation, for some, is irreparable.

Browsing around the shop, I have to say, I was disgusted with the fact that these people are still selling "illegally I might add" Ogri stock....

The more people aware of these facts, "might" just stop these crooks from continuing to carry out buisness in the fashion they do, and hopefully, Ogri Ltd, may, become the proverbial Phoenix that rises up again, to inspire, and brighten up the lives of the many bikers out there who have known him for many many years!

That's not to say that Ogri is still out there, as he is, same back page of Bike, and hopefully, will be there for many years to come....its just a pain in the arse that you can't get any of the cracking merchandise that has always been out there...

Were Ogri able to pull himself out of that strip, into our reality, I'm pretty sure that the Twisted Spanner crooks would be dealt with appropriatly, but unfortuantly, the only way to stop these people from carrying on their illegal trading, and crookery is to spread the word of their antics!

Peace!

Can you PM me with more info on this etc?

Cheers ;)

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I hope you all steered well clear of the bike shop TWISTED SPANNER

They are absolutely rubbish. DO NOT buy anything from them because if it doesnt fit they will promise you a refund then lie to you for 7 weeks saying that the money has gone from their account and should be with you shortly - when in fact they never had your money all along. They took £350 off me for some exhausts, then promised me a refund - after 7 weeks of bullshit excuses and promising me it wasnt their fault but a hiccup with the bank - it turns out they lied all along and had not got my money to refund.

They make you promises they have no intention of keeping and just give you nothing but bullshit.

They cost me time, money in petrol for visits to their shop to see what was happening and a lot of bloody stress.

Steer well clear.

Peace!

Out of interest were is this shop in Matlock?

Hiya Geoff, its down one of those little arcades...if you blink, you will miss it. :blink:

Hiya Geoff, its down one of those little arcades...if you blink, you will miss it. :blink:

No its not - they have moved to a shop up the road.

Its now in the main carpark (top left as you go through Matlock coming from Buxton way) where the tea bar is - i think theres a museum or soemthing there. You have to walk past it to get to the loos.

No its not - they have moved to a shop up the road.

Its now in the main carpark (top left as you go through Matlock coming from Buxton way) where the tea bar is - i think theres a museum or soemthing there. You have to walk past it to get to the loos.

Sorry, stand corrected, those shifty bastards! Thinking if they move, nobody will know who they are.....I must have walked right past it,was down there on wednesday...

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Sorry, stand corrected, those shifty bastards! Thinking if they move, nobody will know who they are.....I must have walked right past it,was down there on wednesday...

still dnt ave a clue lol

• 1 year later...

"The people running Twisted Spanner, have history...."

You'll be pleased to hear that Twisted Spanner have now closed their 2nd shop in Matlock but not pleased to hear that even more people have been left without goods after parting with monies. I tend to get told a lot from annoyed customers as I had the misfortune to run a business with Mr Lowe in Birmingham and I am still in an ongoing court case with him for settlement of monies. Ogri never got paid and he left Birmingham after liquidating his former business owing Ogri and a lot of other companies a lot of money.

Mr Lowe was sentenced to 3 months in 2004 after pleading guilty in a plea bargain in court for 4 ABH charges, 1 common assault and 1 harrassment charge against me and served about 6 weeks of the sentence before being let out in a tag. I was awarded criminal injuries compensation for head injuries received. (Mr Lowe is male, 6'4" 18 stone, I am female 5'4" 9 and half stone.)

I tell everyone who is owed monies to contact Trading Standards, sorry to hear you were ripped off Goff.

"The people running Twisted Spanner, have history...."

You'll be pleased to hear that Twisted Spanner have now closed their 2nd shop in Matlock but not pleased to hear that even more people have been left without goods after parting with monies. I tend to get told a lot from annoyed customers as I had the misfortune to run a business with Mr Lowe in Birmingham and I am still in an ongoing court case with him for settlement of monies. Ogri never got paid and he left Birmingham after liquidating his former business owing Ogri and a lot of other companies a lot of money.

Mr Lowe was sentenced to 3 months in 2004 after pleading guilty in a plea bargain in court for 4 ABH charges, 1 common assault and 1 harrassment charge against me and served about 6 weeks of the sentence before being let out in a tag. I was awarded criminal injuries compensation for head injuries received. (Mr Lowe is male, 6'4" 18 stone, I am female 5'4" 9 and half stone.)

I tell everyone who is owed monies to contact Trading Standards, sorry to hear you were ripped off Goff.

What a complete fucking shit!!!!!!

I eventually got my money back, but had to resort to means i would not normally resort to because this man was being a complete twat......

He is a mountain of a man, that i can vouch for and i hope he gets his just desserts. :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online