whats the punishment?

Mikey*DTR
This post is 5701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello iv bought a dtr wheel off ebay with a big chunky nobbley and me being a half whit assumed it was road legal got it today and i like it but it says "not for highway use" as i live 5mins from the woods which i happen to spend alot of time in whats the punishment if i get caught and they see its not for road use on the back tyre? cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello iv bought a dtr wheel off ebay with a big chunky nobbley and me being a half whit assumed it was road legal got it today and i like it but it says "not for highway use" as i live 5mins from the woods which i happen to spend alot of time in whats the punishment if i get caught and they see its not for road use on the back tyre? cheers

sorry but the police dont no shit in my area about bikes, and i think that will go unnoticed by them i wouldnt worry, the worst you would get is a warning i would imagine.

sorry but the police dont no shit in my area about bikes, and i think that will go unnoticed by them i wouldnt worry, the worst you would get is a warning i would imagine.

hmm okey dokey cheers ShoKz hows the guzzi going

its chancy though isnt it, i mean some coppers will know especially traffic cops, If they see you they might just want to take a look. The last thing you want is points and a fine,

Then theres the other side of the coin...what if youre involved in an accident and you get injured, do you expect your (or anyone else's) insurance company to pay out compensation, they might just say that the tyre affected the bikes handling on that wet tarmac when you braked and skidded.

I would stick to road legal ones, its only a trail bike after all!

its chancy though isnt it, i mean some coppers will know especially traffic cops, If they see you they might just want to take a look. The last thing you want is points and a fine,

Then theres the other side of the coin...what if youre involved in an accident and you get injured, do you expect your (or anyone else's) insurance company to pay out compensation, they might just say that the tyre affected the bikes handling on that wet tarmac when you braked and skidded.

I would stick to road legal ones, its only a trail bike after all!

this man always has the answer ! :lol:

this man always has the answer ! :lol:

i no i was hoping he would reply very knowledgeable iv decided to not use it and im guna put it on ebay after all i dont want to risk 3 points or hurting some one else or myself ;) cheers

Guest Exupnutta

i no i was hoping he would reply very knowledgeable iv decided to not use it and im guna put it on ebay after all i dont want to risk 3 points or hurting some one else or myself ;) cheers

Nice one :D

I agree, not worth the risk. Insurance companies will do ANYTHING not to pay out and that tyre would've been the perfect excuse for them... the ******** :lol:

Nice one :D

I agree, not worth the risk. Insurance companies will do ANYTHING not to pay out and that tyre would've been the perfect excuse for them... the ******** :lol:

haha yer its probably cheaper to pay the fine for being caught with out insurance thatn pay insurance now a days :P con artists! 400quid to insure my dt thrird part fire and theft 1 year no claims...

Guest Exupnutta

haha yer its probably cheaper to pay the fine for being caught with out insurance thatn pay insurance now a days :P con artists! 400quid to insure my dt thrird part fire and theft 1 year no claims...

Ouch mate... I'm sure I'm quite a bit older than you ;) with max. no claims and for that I get fully comp on pretty much any big car :unsure:

BUT BUT BUT, if you think you're being done... My first insurance policy was fully comp on a 1.3 VW Polo (way slower than your bike!!!) and that was £1200 :wank4az: (shall we say that was over 10years ago ;) )

Happy riding and be safe :D

Ouch mate... I'm sure I'm quite a bit older than you ;) with max. no claims and for that I get fully comp on pretty much any big car :unsure:

BUT BUT BUT, if you think you're being done... My first insurance policy was fully comp on a 1.3 VW Polo (way slower than your bike!!!) and that was £1200 :wank4az: (shall we say that was over 10years ago ;) )

Happy riding and be safe :D

haha bloody hell mate :D thats alot for a car! wow and 10years ago :D inflation? haha

haha bloody hell mate :D thats alot for a car! wow and 10years ago :D inflation? haha

Last year, 2003 XJ900s Diversion.....£3400.....Just so you didnt miss it yes £3400 :eek2: fully comp with all the trimmings....oh and that little thing they wrote on my certificate in pencil because it wouldnt fit in the box inc courier use ,Ripping Bastards you may say....

But if you think about it, average biker dosnt do an average 3500 miles a week do they....

For the words inc courier use it cost me an extra £2900...oh yeah I forgot to mention, they wanted it in one payment... :lol:

• 1 month later...

Ok ok, so I'm late with a reply - been away, therapy is a realy bugger isn't ....

There are some very good knobblies around that are road legal, michelin do a Enduro Comp 3 that is legal, but to be fair it's only just. I had a 'chat' with a VOSA inspector about it, he cliamed it wasn't due to the ratio of tread to the overall tyre, in the end the tyre has passed homologation so there isn't much they can do abou it. You could also go for the T63 which is a much more road friendly piece of rubber :eusa_angel:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online