MY NEW BIKE!!

stealthr6
This post is 5685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

erm ok

thats not how i new it oh well

nice bike mate, take it easy thats a powerful bike you have there, dont do anything stupid :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mate iv also got an r6 and im only 20 i also passed my test this year so im restricted for two years too. i just took my bike to a yamaha dealer and they got me the restricters in and fitted them. i loved the power of the bike before but with the restricters in it makes the bike much more controlable and it doesnt really slow it down that much i can still do 120 mph and the acceleration isnt bad but u can forget about wheelies unless ur good with the clutch i cant get mine of the ground anymore.

im only paying 500 a year tpft for insurance and im 20 with two years no claims and no convictions.

hey mate iv also got an r6 and im only 20 i also passed my test this year so im restricted for two years too. i just took my bike to a yamaha dealer and they got me the restricters in and fitted them. i loved the power of the bike before but with the restricters in it makes the bike much more controlable and it doesnt really slow it down that much i can still do 120 mph and the acceleration isnt bad but u can forget about wheelies unless ur good with the clutch i cant get mine of the ground anymore.

im only paying 500 a year tpft for insurance and im 20 with two years no claims and no convictions.

kool got any pics? how much was the restrictor kit and the labour to fit it?

and where abouts in london are you im in london every other week and woudlnt mind another r6 to blast about with

500 a year is mint

all a restrictor should do its effect your top end.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

all a restrictor should do its effect your top end.

and how quickly you get there!

On my fazer it was about 5-6 secs to 60

Now itss about 3 secs

kool got any pics? how much was the restrictor kit and the labour to fit it?

and where abouts in london are you im in london every other week and woudlnt mind another r6 to blast about with

500 a year is mint

i just moved so im just abit out of london now just of the m40 in a little town called marlow but yer if ur ever about let us know or if u wana take a ride to the ace cafe its nice there sometimes i use to be a regular there. it cost me 200 fitted the restricters heres a pic iv done a few things to it

15082008100ap6.jpg

15082008100ap6.10299e25e3.jpg

bike looks minntt, very very nice same scheme i wanted but didnt have enough money, i use the m40 to get to northolt middlesex m25 and all those roads, also does your rear undertray just bolt onto the rear cowl as i want the same back lights you have

yeh when the weathers sweet wouldnt mind going ace cafe dude

Thats a clean one you've got there, ive got a 2000 R6 and mine was real bad when i brought it a couple of years ago, spent a few grand on it and shes one of a kind now, im only 20 but passed my test 2 years ago and got straight on the R6, im pretty sure though that the 2 years restriction lasts till either the 2 years are up or until you turn 21 as thats when you can do your direct access, thats what ive read anyway!

15082008100ap6.jpg

15082008100ap6.10299e25e3.jpg

same colour scheme as me :D

Im 22 passed last Nov, first bike I'd ever owned and got a insurance quote of £300 TPTF!! People said I was mad being an R6 for my first bike, but I have found it really easy to handle and I love every second of riding it!

By the way, lovely bike mate! R6 FTW :)

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Thats a clean one you've got there, ive got a 2000 R6 and mine was real bad when i brought it a couple of years ago, spent a few grand on it and shes one of a kind now, im only 20 but passed my test 2 years ago and got straight on the R6, im pretty sure though that the 2 years restriction lasts till either the 2 years are up or until you turn 21 as thats when you can do your direct access, thats what ive read anyway!

if you pass ur test before 21 u have to stay restricted for 2 years and then once those two years are up you are free to have full power (Muhahahaha)

if you pass ur test before 21 u have to stay restricted for 2 years and then once those two years are up you are free to have full power (Muhahahaha)

True but if you turn 21 during those 2yrs then you can re-do the bike test....

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

True but if you turn 21 during those 2yrs then you can re-do the bike test....

I dnt see the point in that lol

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

no me either really! :lol:

I did pass my test at 17! Its was worth the 2 year restriction! I learnt a lot more then i probley would of if I waited till i was 21

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online