Facebook

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2
This post is 5692 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i got bebo lol :unsure:

Bebo..........should be shut down IMHO.

My son - who was 13 at the time was manipulated online through Bebo - they allow groups that encourage self-harm. To cut a long story short we had the police involved and are currently working with a solicitor to see what action we can take against Bebo as these groups had been running for a long time. We discovered there there were lots of children being manipulated by so-called adults through these groups.

I thought i had every precaution in place as a parent, i already had monitoring software installed on his computer and did everything that you are told, as a parent, to do to ensure your child is safe online.

Still this happened to us.

Bebo - and indeed other social networking sites where stuff like this is evident - should be held responsible for allowing such things when they have been going on for months and they do nothing.

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Exupnutta

My dog is on Facebook!! I was bored yesterday lol

Nice one :D

What dog is it?

I've got a 10month old female Dobermann :D

BTW:

What is Bebo for anyway... had a quick look and it's based in San Francisco :unsure:

I don't get it :huh:

Kids today :rolleyes: Computers, xbox and the rest... When I was a kid we actually...wait for it... PLAYED WITH TOYS like LEGO and went out cycling with friends etc.

No, I'm not on Facebook, nor do I wish to be :lol:

I use an old invention called the telephone or e-mail to stay in touch with people :lol:

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Im a facebook addict too ;)

If you want add me i am Geoff Cameron (ginger hair wearing a dress lol)

Also as my dog Sassie Cameron

No, I'm not on Facebook, nor do I wish to be :lol:

I use an old invention called the telephone or e-mail to stay in touch with people :lol:

My folks live in Fiji - therefore the only time we can call each other is early morning or very late in the evening as they both work. Sometimes i dont get to speak to them for a couple of weeks so Facebook is a great way of keeping up to date wth each other, and they get to see pictures of my children on a regular basis as the email out there is pants so they dont always get them. Both my brothers are in the army and facebook is one of the few applications they can access when they are away on manoevres, so again its a great way of keeping in touch - even if its just to say hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta 'fess up......I've got an account there as well.

Found out about it from a fellow XT pilot from SA :huh: .......now I keep in touch with my Bro & my nieces too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

As it appears quite a few of us on here are on Facebook i have created a Yamaha Owners Club group.

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28376722388

Hope to see you all on there too :-)

• Admin

Consider me joined!! :thumb:

New to this club, may as well be new to that one !! :icon_biggrin:

Hehe that makes two of us :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online