will xs 650 motor bolt to a xs500?

spiderjames
This post is 5851 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New to this forum. I did a search and didn't come up with an answer. Hopefully someone will know. Will an xs650 motor fit an xs500 frame?

I have access to a xs500 with a clear title for $250.00. It needs lots of engine work among other things (wiring). I also have access to a good used 650 motor. Will it bolt to the 500 frame without modifying the frame or is it a major project/unworkable?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

New to this forum. I did a search and didn't come up with an answer. Hopefully someone will know. Will an xs650 motor fit an xs500 frame?

I have access to a xs500 with a clear title for $250.00. It needs lots of engine work among other things (wiring). I also have access to a good used 650 motor. Will it bolt to the 500 frame without modifying the frame or is it a major project/unworkable?

You know, I was wondering about this same question this morning wile I was riding to work. I have no idea if it would fit inside the frame, or would bolt into the stock mounts. I know that the frames are slightly different, but have nothing to measure against. I want to know the answer to this question as well. I doubt that it will though.

You know, I was wondering about this same question this morning wile I was riding to work. I have no idea if it would fit inside the frame, or would bolt into the stock mounts. I know that the frames are slightly different, but have nothing to measure against. I want to know the answer to this question as well. I doubt that it will though.

the xs650 is a tall engine. hopefully some one with a 650 can measure the height for you?

edit: just found the info you've been looking for!!

http://www.bratstyle.com/custom/57/57.htm

With the motor in frame its a bit hard to measure, but as a rough guide

54 cm high, from bottom mount to top mount

34 cm long, from front mount to rear mount.

hope this helps. B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online