YB100 Carb

yb_bandit
This post is 5990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My YB has been has been peeeing fuel out of the overflow pipe for a while now, so i took the carb off today and discovered that one off the floats is letting fuel in, hence not shutting the float valve. anyone know where i can get new floats or a new carb?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My YB has been has been peeeing fuel out of the overflow pipe for a while now, so i took the carb off today and discovered that one off the floats is letting fuel in, hence not shutting the float valve. anyone know where i can get new floats or a new carb?

NRP Manchester

sirrius online Canada

motoward yam dealer

NRP Manchester

sirrius online Canada

motoward yam dealer

In the meantime you could try repairing the leak if its eay to get to with a hot 'knife' to melt the plastic (if the floats are plastic) - obviously be careful as you are working with petrol soaked parts - so dry them off thoroughly). Otherwise try some of the bike breakers - I got a load of stuff a couple of years ago from Ed's Bikes - sorry don't have the number but you could google him, or try ebay - he's on there sometimes.

My YB always pisses petrol out of the overflow............thought it was just normal with these bikes!!!!

My YB doesn't drip from its overflow to my knowledge, I thought it was purely a cautionary thing but I will check when I head home and see how my carb is all set.