Glencoe

Tomo
This post is 6037 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Tomo,been threw Glen Coe loads of times and every time it still think it's awesome,great roads and brilliant scenery,loads of bikes stop at The Green Welly(petrol station,cafe) at Crianlarich on the way up to Oban,Glen Coe or Fort William,watch out for speed traps between Strathyre and Lochearnhead,if you go that way.Some great roads up that way,hope you enjoy your run and keep it on the black stuff,

cheers Andy :D P.S.

when are you going?

Been a rough few weeks at work at the minute so just need to get away from it all really. Thinking of heading up to Beattock friday night after work as I have people I can stay with and then I have a full day to play on Saturday then back home Sunday.

This pic was the inspiration for the ride

vista1.jpg

I found it from their web site.

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/vista/

Been a rough few weeks at work at the minute so just need to get away from it all really. Thinking of heading up to Beattock friday night after work as I have people I can stay with and then I have a full day to play on Saturday then back home Sunday.

This pic was the inspiration for the ride

vista1.jpg

I found it from their web site.

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/vista/

Hi Tomo,here's one of my mate and me at loch garry on the way back from kyle of loch alsh,let me know if you want some company,cheers Andyseptem10.jpg

Cheers.

I am getting a route done now so just need to try and work out if the times will be ok with being able to have plenty of rest and enjoy a few places. lunch stop etc. Then I will post the route.

Always happy to meet up with people.

Cheers.

I am getting a route done now so just need to try and work out if the times will be ok with being able to have plenty of rest and enjoy a few places. lunch stop etc. Then I will post the route.

Always happy to meet up with people.

No bother mate,give me a shout if I can be of any further help and have a good trip if I don't see you on the road :D

No bother mate,give me a shout if I can be of any further help and have a good trip if I don't see you on the road :D

Nice route,those roads are great hope you get the weather like this in Oban,cheers Andy2007_012.jpg

Fingers crossed :)

I intend on being at or guess to being at Glencoe for around 3pm if you fancy meeting up.

Well the plan is to have lunch at Lochgilphead and then then do the north road of Loch Awe.

ohhh flippin heck, more scenery envy :angry:

With apologies to Yoda but Suffolk just doesn't quite cut it :blink:

Keep posting the pics though 'cos it's bloomin good incentive to get me test passed, get a few miles under me belt, get a bigger bike and go see for myself :D

Have a brilliant ride Tomo, just remember to exchange your "had a rubbish time at work" head for your "time to ride" (aka be safe and have FUN) head before you set off ;)

Yours in envy.

Amanda

:lol:

I will, fingers crossed, have plenty of pics to post when I get back.

Got my place to stay sorted for friday night and saturday night so just need to make a few notes so its not just a case of following the bloomin sat nav.

How do you know I have had a rubbish week at work :huh: lol

Fingers crossed :)

I intend on being at or guess to being at Glencoe for around 3pm if you fancy meeting up.

Well the plan is to have lunch at Lochgilphead and then then do the north road of Loch Awe.

Maybe see you a lunchtime(12-12.30)I ride an 02 bandit s(blue).my mobile is 07950 *******,if not have a good one :D

Maybe see you a lunchtime(12-12.30)I ride an 02 bandit s(blue).my mobile is 07950 817680,if not have a good one :D

Number noted. I will drop you a txt around lunchtime saturday :D

Blimey Tomo, it REALLY has bin ruf, Check out wot you wrote at the start of post #3

Oh yes

:blush::blush:

Guys sorry to be a nag but I wuda thought giving out your mobile number in a post is a BAD idea!

Stick to a PM to give out personal info like that.

The honest amoungst us wouldn't abuse it but I wouldn't like to vouch for everyone and the casual guest browser type person.

Amanda

Amanda, Suffolk is only one place I've been to. I also know the Highlands and the Northern Lowlands as well. Wales, the SW and the Midlands.

I have also some knowledge of Alabama, Georgia and most of Florida, as I used to live there. Nuff said!!

Copdock Cutie, just waiting for the weather report to go as I seem to have everyone elses kids to take with me. Will give you a bell beforehand.

Apologies to all, I went away and thought about what I'd written and I'm really sorry.

I'm on a downer about Suffolk at the moment generally for all sorts of reasons but that's no excuse. I'll take me and my grumpy mood away from the Forum for a while and will come back smiling and more pleasant to be around in due course.

Again apologies.

Tomo hope you're having a brill time, and Andy if you hooked up.

Amanda

The first time I was completely airbourne without my aeroplane was in Northumberland. I was flat out in my MG, on one of the military roads going over the hillucks and whoosh took off and crashed back down away further. Good job I was the only one around. Lots of heather and water I seem to remember.

Apologies to all, I went away and thought about what I'd written and I'm really sorry.

I'm on a downer about Suffolk at the moment generally for all sorts of reasons but that's no excuse. I'll take me and my grumpy mood away from the Forum for a while and will come back smiling and more pleasant to be around in due course.

Again apologies.

Tomo hope you're having a brill time, and Andy if you hooked up.

Amanda

Hi Amanda,never managed to meet Tomo,had to go into work today :angry: maybe next time.He got good weather for his trip though so he should have had a good day(better than mine anyway)I'm off to Dumfries tomorrow,hope the weather is as good,maybe get some pics,

cheers Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online