tx500 = xs500?

jrhendryx
This post is 6020 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

are the tx and the xs 500 basically the same bike, except sold in different markets?

i found this tx500 engine on ebay....... and i have an xs500b.

think its worth it?

it has the same engine model stamp (371) so i assume that it is the same engine. any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

are the tx and the xs 500 basically the same bike, except sold in different markets?

think its worth it?

it has the same engine model stamp (371) so i assume that it is the same engine. any thoughts?

the tx engine had a few teething problems which was "mainly" addressed when they renamed it the xs, so the engine mounts should be the same.

motorcycle mechanics has a feature in this months edition which would be worth you buying.(either electronically or mail order)

the tx engine had a few teething problems which was "mainly" addressed when they renamed it the xs, so the engine mounts should be the same.

motorcycle mechanics has a feature in this months edition which would be worth you buying.(either electronically or mail order)

thanks, i will have to find that one.

• 1 month later...

think its worth it?

Yes it is the same engine in the TX and the XSb, the XSc (the one with the shit styling) has a modified one piece head but will also still fit into yours.

Yes it is the same engine in the TX and the XSb, the XSc (the one with the shit styling) has a modified one piece head but will also still fit into yours.

i know, the styling on the c,d, and e were garbage. that blocky tank, the solid wheels..... ugh.

the bike is already heavy, it doesnt have to look that way too!