GirlieRider - name finally earned

GirlieRider
This post is 6076 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whoo hoo. Did my 2 hour lesson with Andy from IRT today and loved it all. Soooo busy learning I had no flippin time to let me nerves take over.

Nice to know even the experts aren't always perfect though. He kept nicking my YBR125 to demo stuff at the off road site where we started off (think it made him larf as he's all long and lanky and did look pretty funny) and he caught neutral going up from 1st to 2nd which I do too often for my liking. I find I have to make sure I've rolled the throttle totally off and kick like mad on the shifter but it's getting better.

We then set off via Sproughton, Chantry & Stoke Park with the [got to be done] stop at Orwells for a coffee by which time I wuz gaspin'. Guess who didn't know the landlords have installed lay flat car park barriers at both entrances (local riders BE WARNED there are 3 of these devils at both entrances)? I'd seen them 2 days before hand but he got caught out and that spooked me so I stopped on the drive up and then fluffed me hill start :angry: AND a ratty car behind me tore off his exhaust on the laid flat barrier :D

It gave some added interest to the coffee break mind to watch two officers from a Crash Investigation Unit van who were taking a break to drool over the stock inside tow this young lad's car off the barriers whilst he trailed behind with his exhaust in his hand :D

So anyone from the Ipswich area please wave to this mad wifey who is probably grinnin from ear to ear riding round on her (still) shiny red L-plated YBR wearing a far-too-big-for-her reflective harness (I must stitch that up, it was flappin off me left shoulder at 30mph) :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Amanda

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers Yamahead.

Yoda you are so cheeky :blink:

Actually I might be defecting manufacturer's already!! I mentioned in passing to Mark at Orwells during yesterday's coffee break that I'd bin thinking about a GPZ500 and he grinned and sed "what like the one we've just got in?" Ahh rats. Now I'm in a big quandry. I'll have to drag hubby down tomorrow and see how much they want for it. It wasn't even priced yesterday!

Amanda

Congrats young lady I always knew you could do it. I have been riding for 15 years 8 of which were pro. and over35k miles a year. But still every day I learn or see something new. Be safe and enjoy what you have worked for. :)

Hi Rooster, Ooh flattery, that'll work every time! Thank you.

I got a nasty reality check earlier, hubby got home early so I dragged him down to the dealers and I sat on the GPZ500. I felt like a kiddie eating at a grown ups dining table. Waaaayyyyy too much of a stretch to get my likle short arms past the whopping great tank and feel even half way in control of the beastie :huh:

Ah well. Time to stop being a Girlie, concentrate on riding my 125 and passin my test. I'll dream of new bikes once I've got thru that hurdle.

Booked another 2 hour lesson so loads to practice before then :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Amanda

Hi Rooster, Ooh flattery, that'll work every time! Thank you.

I got a nasty reality check earlier, hubby got home early so I dragged him down to the dealers and I sat on the GPZ500. I felt like a kiddie eating at a grown ups dining table. Waaaayyyyy too much of a stretch to get my likle short arms past the whopping great tank and feel even half way in control of the beastie :huh:

Ah well. Time to stop being a Girlie, concentrate on riding my 125 and passin my test. I'll dream of new bikes once I've got thru that hurdle.

Booked another 2 hour lesson so loads to practice before then :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Amanda

Hi to you too!

I can tell you keep looking and riding don't count something out that you like. The more experence and comfy you get you will be making the bike do all the work. A little time with the ctb and that thing will be dancing to you music. Besides even 125's need loving.

Jerry

Don't worry Jerry I'm really luvin my 125.

We've bin out twice today, firstly with hubby riding tail gunner on his beemer keeping the pesky varmint drivers away from me, then he took the lead on a new route this afternoon. We went along the old A12 (Yoda I'm sure you know where I mean, we came through Belstead village) so got up to a breezy 50mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It no longer has the benefit of National Speed limit but that wuz quick enuf for me for now :huh:

I made the mistake of wearing my mesh jacket but it had cooled down since this morning so I got a little chilly but I wuz grinnin like a maniac whilst squeezing my tank really tight with me knees :rolleyes: We even overtook a car which was pootling along doing 40mph on the way back down it. An examiner sure couldn't have marked me down for not making due progress ;)

Sorry it's truly sad all this I know but we all have to start somewhere :blink:

I'm really getting into counter steering, thank goodness for brilliant riding instructors telling us newbies all this stuff :D

You all will be relieved to know I'm away for a few days from tomorrow morning so you get some relief from girlie waffling ;)

Cheers.

Amanda