gas tank sealer and petcock gaskets

jrhendryx
This post is 6077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello again,

as i mentioned in a previous post, my gas tank has some rust scale in it, and i am going to need to clean/treat/seal it. have any of you done this yourselves with some of the chemical treatments out there? would it be more worth it to have someone else do it (i was quoted 87.50 to clean and seal).

also, im having a hard time finding replacement petcock gaskets for where it connects to the tank. is there a liquid gasket material that i could use for this?

*edit* i didnt bother to check the yamaha site because i assumed it had been discontinued like everything else for this bike, but they carry the gaskets. what i need now is the outer gas tank gasket, because mine is in pretty bad shape and leaks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello again,

as i mentioned in a previous post, my gas tank has some rust scale in it, and i am going to need to clean/treat/seal it. have any of you done this yourselves with some of the chemical treatments out there? would it be more worth it to have someone else do it (i was quoted 87.50 to clean and seal).

also, im having a hard time finding replacement petcock gaskets for where it connects to the tank. is there a liquid gasket material that i could use for this?

gasket from here

POR 15 is the stuff you want for sealing, check the prices and compare with the quote.

gasket from here

POR 15 is the stuff you want for sealing, check the prices and compare with the quote.

thanks, found the gaskets, was able to order them already.

for the por 15, isnt that a paint on? i dont need to seal the outside of the tank, i was just wanting to seal the interior of the tank once it has been cleaned.

thanks, found the gaskets, was able to order them already.

for the por 15, isnt that a paint on? i dont need to seal the outside of the tank, i was just wanting to seal the interior of the tank once it has been cleaned.

try here