Another Newbie introduction

bobalob5
This post is 6046 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I am Bob and live in Warrington, Cheshire and have just replaced my blue 04 reg TDM900 with a brand new TDM900 in white (its rained ever since I picked it up :angry: ) and had all my accessories swapped to my new bike.

035.jpg

Extras are ...

MRA Screen

Hand Guards (from sv650)

Yamaha heated grips

Mirror extensions

Radiator cover

Givi Engine Bars

Yamaha centre stand

Givi Pannier rails & VL35 panniers

Givi Maxia 52ltr top box

Renthall Bars

Fenda Extender

Fuel Race cans (slip-on oval stainless)

Still to be fitted are my sat nav and intercom system.

Bob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unfortunately there's no large regular user group here these days Bob. More's the pity.

Just a continual influx of dumbasses just asking one stupid question (usually about supercharging a fucking moped or something) and nothing else.

Still.....good to see you! And nice TDM!

Thanks, I found this site by google but am already on www.carpe-tdm.net which is especially for the tdm and a very good site with lots of active people. It is mainly UK based but we have members from all over the wrld.

Bob

Hi Alan, if you are asking about the bike it is a Yamaha TDM900 which is a twin cylinder 900cc with five valve heads. They are good for around 130mph or 60mpg depending how you ride. If you are asking about the exhaust system it is the standard 2 into 2 which comes on this model.

Bob

Thanks kev, I am doing fine. was up your way just after easter with wifey but in the car not on bike. fantastic scenery and riding roads.

Bob

:D :D oh yes, been up here for ten-eleven years man been driving a white van for ten,wicked scenery :D :D

• 1 month later...

The screen is the MRA touring screen and realy works great, have tried the yamaha tall screen and a double bubble but this one is leaps ahead of the others. the grips were swapped from my old 900 by the shop but I just fitted renthall bars so the had to come off and on and I had no problems. The hand guards I fitted to my old 900 and the job took less than an hour (had the groves machined in bar ends by a friend) and were cheep to, they are standard on Suzuki DL650 and come with fittng kit for £24.

Bob

The screen is the MRA touring screen and realy works great, have tried the yamaha tall screen and a double bubble but this one is leaps ahead of the others. the grips were swapped from my old 900 by the shop but I just fitted renthall bars so the had to come off and on and I had no problems. The hand guards I fitted to my old 900 and the job took less than an hour (had the groves maching in bar ends by a friend) and were cheep to, they are standard on Suzuki DL650 and come with fittng kit for £24.

Bob

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the info regarding the screen, it sounds promising and I think I might consider getting one of these plus the hand guards.

Regards,

Towserr

Verrrrry nice!!

Welcome aboard Bob

:D