What custom/cruiser bike to you guyshave?

MovieMax
This post is 5880 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I've just passed my test and bought a Yamaha Dragstar 250 (03) and she comes in a week! Can't wait!

What crusier bikes do yal have then?

Max

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice Bike now you need to get the book

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well

By: David L. Hough

I recomend this book to all new riders. it has a lot of good info if you want to order this send me a message and i can tell you where to order the book

Hi Max

Enjoy your new bike

I ride a yamaha V Star Classic

My piece of advice, for whats its worth, remember this is your bike, you are the one that is riding it, and ride it at your own comfortable pace. It just does not matter what other people are doing.

We, as cruiser riders are individuals.

:welcome: to the forum Max

Don't ride a cruiser currently......

But I did ride this for 2.5 years Daily/Year-round ;) .....

Maxim_04.jpg

1 of thee most trouble-free Yamaha's I've owned. :thumb:

Guest Tantalus

Well done, nice ride. Keep safe. Me??, Well I ride a 1700cc V-twin squeezed into a Sports Frame: The Yamaha MT-01.

MT01_010607.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Max,

Ive just bought myself the Dragstar 1100 custom. Its a beauty....02 reg / red and only has 1300 on the clock so still pretty new with the low milage. Im hoping to pick mine up this Thursday so really looking forward to getting it.

Ride safe

Wendy (Springbok) ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well done, nice ride. Keep safe. Me??, Well I ride a 1700cc V-twin squeezed into a Sports Frame: The Yamaha MT-01.

MT01_010607.jpg

those bikes are freakin perfect, why wont yamaha bring em state side?

I'm getting my 650DragStar on Fri :D :D :D :D :D

Is that yours Goff? That paint job is the tits! did you do it yourself?

lol yes thats mine, and thankyou :D

A mate of mine did the artwork for me, i just told him what i was after and he came up with that - and i love it - all for the princely sum of £150.

So if anyone is interested in having some paint done rather cheap as he only does it as a hobby let me know and i shall pass on his number - he doesnt do base coat or laquering so you would have to sort that yourself.

So if anyone is interested in having some paint done rather cheap as he only does it as a hobby let me know and i shall pass on his number - he doesnt do base coat or laquering so you would have to sort that yourself.

"No base coat or lacquering"? Jees, that's the easiest part. I custom paint bikes, but not for cheap. I only do quality work since my reputation is attached to every job done. Minimum, $1,000, U.S. This forum doesn't accept even small images, what gives?

"No base coat or lacquering"? Jees, that's the easiest part. I custom paint bikes, but not for cheap. I only do quality work since my reputation is attached to every job done. Minimum, $1,000, U.S. This forum doesn't accept even small images, what gives?

No, like i said, its a hobby of his, he dont make a living out of it and he dont have the time to base coat and laquer in between doing the art and his regular job.

His work far bypasses some of the crap i've seen on some bikes at shows and rallies, and to be perfectly honest i think he should be doin it full time.

Post some of your work up Peabody, i'd really like to see it :D

• 2 weeks later...

No, like i said, its a hobby of his, he dont make a living out of it and he dont have the time to base coat and laquer in between doing the art and his regular job.

His work far bypasses some of the crap i've seen on some bikes at shows and rallies, and to be perfectly honest i think he should be doin it full time.

Post some of your work up Peabody, i'd really like to see it :D

I haven't been able to add photos to this forum, and I'm better at turning wrenches than figuring out software glitches. However, there is a Yahoo group with photos of my 2D and 3D work (I build miniatures too). I didn't create it, and the girl who did needs spelling lessons, but the group is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minaturereplicagablehouse/ I don't even know if the group is maintained, but there are photos of some of my paintings including at least one that I was still working on when the pic was taken. I'll have to get some pics of the bikes I've painted soon.