YZF600R Exhaust

YZFer
This post is 6366 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought a 1997 YZF600R a few months ago. It still has the stock exhaust on it. I am sick of it sounding like a pissed off sewing macheine. Does any one have a good suggestion for an exhaust? Something loud and deep if possible. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi YZFer

I had a YZF600R before buying my 2005 R6 and had a Micron put on in stead of the standard issue pipe. It certainly added a lot of grunt and was very far removed from a sewing machine. The added bonus was that it looked stunning. Just an idea though!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 1997 YZF600R a few months ago. It still has the stock exhaust on it. I am sick of it sounding like a pissed off sewing macheine. Does any one have a good suggestion for an exhaust? Something loud and deep if possible. Thanks

Just got a stainless steel oval can off ebay brand new by Freeflow Systems. went on in ten mins (mind it took half an hour to take stock can off!). Sounds awesome with the baffle in but unscrew the retaining screw and you have a straight thru race can. No need to rejet just bolt it on n off you go and all for £100!!! ace value n looks the nuts. :D

Looks like it Kitty...not got a pic of mine with it on.

Mind I cant suss out how to post a pic yet.

Have you removed the baffle, its great on a Sunday mornin,

the neighbours love it....not! :lol:

Nice Cat! I like the colours......

Tell you what would make her look even nicer - a double bubble screen, loose the chunky indicators and stick some nice small ones on....and a set of crash bobbins might come in handy too! (in my opinion!)

P.s. stick a picture in the yamaha gallery aswell for all to enjoy!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rather than get a double bubble I'd get an Airflow screen. My mate but a double bubble on his CAT and it didn't look very nice at all ... practical yes/pretty no. I put an airflow on my old CAT and the lines of the screen where the hump is flow better than the double bubble.

Personal opinion I know but just to throw another angle at a purchase.

Agree with Kitty on the indicators .... loose the big clunky things and go for something smaller, makes a worls of difference.

Looks as though the number plate holder has already been chopped.

Just to add to the equation try adding a WSB screen. Looks the don on my R6 shouldn't look too bad on your cat either.

Talking of pissing off the neighbours Ive just fitted a full Blueflame Evo 3 exhaust system to my bike. Taken both baffles out. Also scares the hell out of the chavs in their done up saxos.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...