Riding Gear in the Hot weather!

JohnR6
This post is 6511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering what you guys wear whilst riding in the Hot Weather?

I wear jeans, boots, gloves, helmet and a textile jacket to commute to work and it's bloody hot man!! I see some riders wearing only shorts and t-shirt....is that you?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Tomg

i wear jeans, boots or trainers very occasionally (sturdy trainers that is),leather jacket, gloves and helmet.

only dickheads ride in shorts and tee-shirt especially people on scooters, so i may have to get a picture of my mate for you all to laugh at!! :lol:

Yep i agree,only foolish people,wear,t-shirts and shorts,and that go,s for there pillions to,you can get good summer biking kit theses days,i wear my leathers,all the time :P ,and thats if i,m pillion or riding,even on the hottest of days. :P.........johnr6...its girls too,not just the guys....x

• Admin

I used to have leather bottoms and a fabric bike jacket for commuting and of course full leathers for fun days out ;-)

I posted some pics on here a year or so back dont think they will still be here, of a bloke who fell off at 40 without leathers on and had to have some serious skin grafts!

Remember the pain when you fell off your pushbike as a wee yin as well as the skin you lost from your knees and elbows?

No way would I ever go out in shorts and t-shirt - you'd have to be clinically insane. Either that or have a fetish about sticking to your bedsheets.

DON'T even think about not wearing protective gear, it is the kiss of death and even a minor spill will be a horrible event :( .

The others have summed it up in their post's so nothing to add beyond that :D

Andy

At the moment I wear textile jacket & trousers, boots & gloves, but I've heard good things about these Airflow jackets (Spada?). Was put onto them by a couple of bike instructors so got to be worth a look.

Having said that, thats the kit I wear all year round as at the moment it *is* my riding kit.. :D

Having driven just about the full length of holland, belguim, and northern france this week I was amazed at the amount of people in shorts teeshirts etc on bikes travelling at high speeds on motorways and other roads, including a couple on a bike that must have been doing 75/80 mph him wearing shorts and teeshirt she with mini skirt and crop top. And regularly the french gendarmes on bikes in short sleeved shirts, no gloves, fine example they are

merv

Guest Tomg

At the moment I wear textile jacket & trousers, boots & gloves, but I've heard good things about these Airflow jackets (Spada?). Was put onto them by a couple of bike instructors so got to be worth a look.

Having said that, thats the kit I wear all year round as at the moment it *is* my riding kit.. :D

i have looked into those spada jackets, they are very comfortable and have two sets of armour in them yet they are not overly bulky! strange! the armour does not move around very much as i tried to see wheterh it would slip out of the way in an accident but they don't. and at £60 quid don't seem like a bad idea.

however i favoured my old leather jacket over them and decided to replace it as it didn't match the bike!!!! :P but i did get 50 quid for it which is only 10 pound less than what i paid for it a year and an accident ago!

Guest Tomg

What's the name of those extra strength jeans you can get?

there called draggin jeans.

good quality but very expensive :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online