1999 Yamaha SR125 - Potential Sticking Clutch Plates?

Swinnyb
This post is 2370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys!

Having a bit of a "problem" when trying to put my bike into first gear from idle during a cold start. The engine starts usually pretty well (occasionally cuts out during idle on a cold day), but when I get onto the bike and try and put it into first gear....the engine cuts out. I have to repeat this process maybe 1 or 2 more times before it eventually works and I can ride off. I know the Yamaha SR125 has a side stand cut off trigger (caught me out before!) so I could investigate that switch. However because it eventually goes into first gear after a while when the engine is warmer makes me believe its a clutch problem.

Thanks guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sometimes with the lil puddlehoppers people go veeeery long on oil changes or use the nasty pound shop or forecourt stuff.

Some proper motorcycle engine oil will make a difference. Even if it isn't the issue and its not nearly expensive enough to skimp on either.